04

🐿┊MOTORCYCLES, chapter four.

SLIGHT MANGA SPOILERS !!

˚➶

LESSONS had just started, but you made no plan on going to biology, especially if you had to sit next to shinichiro, so here you were, skipping your last lesson on your second day. you had found a secluded area covered by bushes that would partially cover yourself, depending on how you sat.

you took a seat and made yourself comfortable, leaning on the wall behind you and pulling out your vape, a risky move but you only ever used this addicting tool when you really had to. at least it isn't a cigarette, you told yourself like it was any better.

you sighed, inhaling the flavoured smoke, exhaling and sighing again heavily. you told yourself that you wouldn't dwell on it, but you started overthinking about your situation with shinichiro.

maybe he doesn't want to be around you anymore? maybe he's stopped tolerating you? or perhaps he's realising that if you hang out with him frequently, he'll become victim to discriminatory behaviour and language, and you're just not worth the hussle.

yeah, you wouldn't want to dwell on that.

you didn't know how much time had passed before you heard approaching footsteps. ordinarily, you would have panicked and tried to come up with an excuse as to why you were bunking off, but you stayed put, not even bothering to look up, still puffing on your vape.

"[name]."

you immediately shot your head up, locking eyes with eyes that handsome, familiar face. and you didn't know whether to be happy that he was here or sad about it. when shinichiro walked across to sit beside, you looked down silently, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

shinichiro tapped your shoulder, beckoning for the vape. though you expected him to throw it away, you handed it to him, and to your surprise, he used it for himself. you stared at him for a while before looking upwards.

"missed you in biology," he uttered in a soft voice, handing you your vape. you nodded your head without a word, not exactly knowing what to say, even though you wanted to apologise.

"i'm sorry about earlier, by the way," shinichiro began. "you were right, i don't know what it's like, but i do know that the things they were saying were
not okay at all," he finished, looking over to read your expression.

you shook your head, playing with your vape, "stop apologising. you're right, i should have said something to them." shinichiro gifted you with a small smile. "i thought you would start ignoring me," you said, playing with the grass beneath you with your fingers.

"what? why would i do that?" shinichiro asked with a slight scoff, but he looked at you quickly for a genuine answer. you shrugged. "you don't think people will shit on you for hanging out with me?"
you questioned.

shinichiro shook his head vigorously, now turning so that you two were perpendicular. "wha- why would you think i'd stop hanging out with you? if anyone does talk shit, i'll rip them a new asshole," shinichiro threatened hollowly.

"yeah, because you could beat someone in a fight," you nodded sarcastically, putting your vape in your mouth. shinichiro gasped, pretending to be offended by your snarky comment. "i so could, you haven't seen me in my prime," shinichiro claimed cockily.

you nodded your head, "of course, shinichiro."

shinichiro's smirk grew at that, "you called me by my name! our relationship is developing." my name sounds better when you say it, he thought. "you know," he began, "i don't know a thing about you."

"i'd prefer to keep it that way," you joked. shinichiro nudged you, "don't be so mysterious, we're friends, aren't we? let's take turns to ask each other questions, okay? i'll start - who do you live with?"

"my mum," you answered simply. "because my dad is dead," you carried on. shinichiro's eyes widened and he cleared his throat awkwardly, "oh? i'm sorry, maybe i shouldn't have asked that-"

"it's okay, shinichiro. i can't remember him. he died before my first birthday, and he used to own my motorcycle," you explained. shinichiro nodded, visibly relaxing at your reassurance. "ah, i see. that's pretty cool, then. so it's like a family heirloom?" he asked.

you shrugged.

"will you pass it on to your children too?" he questioned further. "i don't plan on having children," you shook your head. shinichiro raised an eyebrow, "oh? how come?"

"i don't want to. i already have my life planned out, and there are no children involved," you sternly responded. weirdly, shinichiro had a smile on his face as he nodded and leant against the wall.

"fair enough."

"what about you, then? who do you live with?" you asked, slightly interested. "my mum, my dad, my little sister, and my little brother," shinichiro counted on his fingers. your eyes widened slightly, that seemed like a lot, but maybe you thought that because you lived with one other person.

"what're your siblings' names?" you asked. "emma and manjiro, but he goes by mikey," shinichiro said with a smile. "those are foreign names," you noted. shinichiro nodded, "emma is part american, she's technically my half-sister. manjiro is my actual brother, but he uses mikey to make sure that emma is comfortable too," shinichiro explained.

"that's so cute.." you whispered. you started to feel slightly jealous, but you did love your mum more than anything. "[name], showing emotions?!" shinichiro gasped exaggeratedly, earning a soft push from you.

"shut up," you rolled your eyes, but you had to admit that it was cute. "i'm playing, but you can meet them one day! they're really nice, i think they would like you," shinichiro smiled genuinely. you slowly nodded, obliviously smiling slightly.

"woah, you just smiled! that's crazy, do it again, let me take a photo this time," shinichiro exclaimed. the small smile that was planted on your face quickly disappeared as shinichiro started fussing around, trying to get you to smile again.

you turned your head to hide your flustered expression; he was right to get giddy - you rarely smiled, and the smile you gifted shinichiro with was a small half-smile, you know, the smile where your eyes make it more obvious.

"shut up, be quiet. you don't need to make such a big fuss about it," you scolded him quickly, trying not to let your voice crack.

"next time you smile, i'll definitely take a picture," shinichiro promised you. you shook your head, using your hand to cover your slight smile.

"oh, thanks for the wrap, by the way."

˚➶