10

🐕┊MOTORCYCLES, chapter ten.

˚➶

"OH, for fuck's sake."

the sound of your motorcycle making disturbing screeches noises made you pull a disgusted face as you jumped off the vehicle, staring at it. you glared at the popped tire, tempted to leave the bike here and walk away.

you stressed; your mum had sent you to get some ingredients for your dinner, and on your way back, you seemed to have rode over a shard of broken glass. "stupid fucking piece of shit," you swore, kissing your teeth.

you would probably have to call your mum and let her know that you were going to arrive late and also bribe her for money to pay for the repairing of your tires. they were worn out anyway and desperately needed changing.

"oh, miss? do you need help with your motorcycle?" your head whipped around at the oddly familiar voice. when you had made eye contact, a huge, friendly smile spread across the man's face as you two recognised each other.

"[name]!"

you weren't really a huge believer, but now you knew that there was a god up there, and he was listening to you. you could get on your knees and sing at this lovely coincidence. your face seemed to get brighter with his presence.

"my fucking tire popped," you huffed. shinichiro kissed his teeth, walking round to get a better look. "wow, hi, shinichiro! it's lovely to see your handsome face again. yes, i missed you so much," shinichiro said in a slightly higher voice.

"that's how you should greet me, [name]," he teased, crouching down. "shinichiro! come play football with us, why did you go?!" when you turned around to see who was speaking, you were met with two shorter, blonde children holding hands with each other.

your eyes softened in realisation - emma and mikey.

"yeah, okay, i'm with someone right now," shinichiro told them. "she's pretty," the girl whispered, making you smile slightly. "is this [name]?" mikey asked shinichiro.

shinichiro laughed awkwardly. "uh, how do you know?"

"because you talk about her all the time, shin!" the girl, emma, butted in, laughing. "what? no, i don't," shinichiro said, standing up and crossing his arms. though he wanted to seem tough, the blanket of red across his face failed him.

you gave him a 'really?' look, to which he shook his head. "i remember too! you said she was really, really, pretty and that you really, really, really, really, really, really, liked her!" mikey nodded his head, pointing at you. shinichiro covered his face with his hand to hide his embarrassment, which was cuter than it should have been.