09

🐕┊MOTORCYCLES, chapter nine.

˚➶

"[NAME]."

your first move was to turn around on your heel and walk in the opposite direction. if shinichiro followed you, and you ended near the vending machine with the other people, it would get messy and annoying.

"i have your revision guide," shinichiro said, making you stop in your tracks. putting the wrap in your pocket, you turned around and, without making eye contact, took the sheet from shinichiro. "thank you."

you tried to turn away, finding this situation more awkward than it should be and wanting to escape immediately, but shinichiro spontaneously grasped your wrist, forcing you to a standstill.

"[name], if this is about thursday, then i'm so sorry, i really didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. but if something was bothering you, you should have just told me about it," shinichiro told you. you could almost feel the hurt in his voice, and it made you want to turn around and hug him, but you couldn't do that.

"i just really like you."

shinichiro waited for you to say something, still holding your wrist, scared that if he was to let go, you would walk away. your heart rate seemed to go through the roof at shinichiro's confession - it felt unreal honestly coming from his mouth.

"i'm not mad at you, shinichiro," you began, picking your words out carefully. "infact, i'm more mad at myself." man, you should have kissed back sooner.

"i was just confused. i've never felt this way about a person before, i wasn't sure if this is what i wanted, and i know that's selfish of me, but i need to make sure i do want this," you explained to him.

"but then i saw you with that girl, and i guess i felt a tiny bit jealous seeing you with someone else," you murmured quickly. so this is what it was like showing honest emotions, huh.

"a tiny bit jealous? you can be honest with me," shinichiro scoffed cockily. ah, there he is; the confident, goofy, playful shinichiro had returned. you rolled your eyes, walking on past shinichiro. he quickly caught up with you, laughing.

"i was joking, [name]," shinichiro apologised, walking beside you. "what about you, then? you definitely missed me," you said with a cocky half-smile. shinichiro nodded his head, "totally, spent my nights crying myself to sleep over you," he said sarcastically.

"you think you're funny, but chikako and some other people were telling me about how obsessed you are with me," you nudged him. shinichiro scoffed, laughing awkwardly and loudly. "what bullshit!" blatant lie - he was, infact, head over heels for you.

you smiled at shinichiro, properly this time, with your eyes as well, which is why you didn't have time to react to shinichiro pulling his phone out and taking a picture of you. your smile disappeared almost as quickly as it had appeared.

"new wallpaper," he giggled, changing it right now. if eyes could murder, shinichiro would have a funeral by now. "loosen up, why don't you? i like you and you like me, so activities like this are allowed," shinichiro explained in a matter-of-fact voice.

"here, take a photo of me," shinichiro said, already posing. "it doesn't count if you actually pose for it," you huffed, grabbing your phone anyway. shinichiro beamed at the camera, showing a peace sign. you took the picture, and after pestering you, you set it as your lockscreen.

"wow, i am so handsome! how did you not fall for me the second you saw me?" shinichiro joked (most likely, he wasn't). you rolled your eyes, deciding not to tell him that you have always found him exceptionally good-looking.

"yeah, i wonder what was wrong with me," you said, voice dripping with sarcasm, but shinichiro decided to ignore it.

the two of you, happier than usual, walked off to your next lesson.

˚➶

"good afternoon, ma," you said as you walked through the door. "hello, baby," she shouted from the kitchen. it sounded like she was cooking (she was, plaintains), so you went to check on her. whilst she had her back turned, you stole a plaintain, only to "hafjshs" on it when you realised it was very hot.

your mum scolded you, telling you not to eat anymore. "did you have a good day at school?" she asked, even though she knew the answer. setting your phone down so you could get some juice, you nodded.

"yeah, it was great," you nodded. your mother nodded her head, "uh-huh, who's this on your lockscreen?" she asked, tone changing. you frowned before remembering that you had changed your lockscreen to shinichiro hours prior.

"did you get a boyfriend?" she asked you, a knowing smile on her face as she kept your phone out of your reach whenever she tried to snatch it away. "no, ma, i didn't, can i have my phone back?" you begged.

"you never have people as your lockscreen, he must be special," she noted, noticing how you were slightly panicked. that was true, both your lockscreen and homescreen where plain black backgrounds. boring, you knew, but you had no time to make it look aesthetic and pretty.

"okay, he's my friend, please give my phone back now," you pleaded. "you know, i've known you for eighteen years and you still think you can lie to me," your mum laughed. you sighed, rolling your eyes and avoiding eye contact.

"it's not like we're dating, we just like each other, okay? can i have my phone now?" you explained, holding your hand out. "well, as long as he's cute and respect his momma, then i don't care," your mum shrugged.

surprisingly good reaction.

"remember to be safe as well, don't want you two making babies," she added, making you roll your eyes. "invite him round for dinner one day, yeah?" your mum nodded with a wink, handing you your phone.

"okay, ma, thanks," you rushed, walking away. you finally realised why your mum had seen your lockscreen; you had recieved a message from someone.

SHINSHIN 💤
let's facetime

˚➶