11

🐕┊MOTORCYCLE, chapter eleven.

˚➶

"YEP, they're out," shinichiro nodded as he waved his hands across the faces of emma and mikey. it wasn't really shocking that they were asleep; they had been running around for ages and ages, screaming and shouting with you two. it was certainly eventful, especially the part where shinichiro had knocked over an important ornament with emma's doll.

the siblings had agreed to not say a word about it, and since you would prefer your boyfriend to be alive the next time you would see him, you agreed to not snitch instantly.

emma and mikey looked so peaceful and precious when they sleeped, what with their legs all over the place and arms flailing. shinichiro led you to the small balcony, where there were two seats. you decided to ignore them, standing on the edge, arms resting on the cold, metal above the glass.

he sighed heavily, sentimentally looking out into the distance. you let the warm breeze hit your face, waiting for shinichiro to say something. you could tell by the look on his face that he was hiding something. he had a troubled expression, like he was arguing with himself mentally.

"something wrong?" you asked, noticing that he wasn't speaking at all. "hm? no," he shook his head, offering you a quick smile. "really?" you asked again, this time not actually looking at him.

he shuffled, turning to you slightly. "you seemed out of it when emma was talking about marriage," he said, acting like he didn't really care. it wasn't like he was offended, he just wanted to know your opinion.

"shinichiro, we're so young," you said, trying to sound apologetic. he nodded his head quickly, "yeah, obviously, it's not like i want to marry you now. besides, i don't have enough money for a ring," he added playfully.

you smiled slightly at his jokey comment, happy that he was unbothered enough to make a joke about it. "but it's not like i wouldn't marry you at all," he added softly, looking down and shuffling on his feet in an attempt to hide his embarrassment.

your eyes softened at the sight of his nervous state, breaking into a small smile. "i guess i could see a future with you in it."

"that's cheesy," shinichiro murmured, earning a hefty slap from you. smoothly, he grabbed your hand, pulling you into his chest. his larger arms held you so that you couldn't escape, forcing you to hug back.

you had never actually been properly hugged like this in a long time - you felt yourself melting in shinichiro's grasp, wrapping your arms around his lower torso and happily inhaling his musky scent. "you smell nice," he hummed sweetly, kissing your hair swiftly.

"shut up," you whispered, unable to express your gratitude with words, so, instead, you hugged him tighter. shinichiro smiled soflty at your actions.

"hey, shin!"

those two words made you roughly push shinichiro away almost immediately, looking at the floor awkwardly. what was so embarrassing about hugging someone? nothing, really, but maybe it was the surfaced emotions and intent behind it that had you all flustered.

"is this the girl you were talking about a few days ago?" the voice belonged to a woman, who you guessed was shinichiro's mum by the way she walked up and kissed him on the cheek.

"uh, yeah," shinichiro nodded hesitantly. "oh, she's just as pretty as you told us," she smiled joyfully, wrinkles creasing under her eyes. you smiled back, bowing slightly. "oh, there's no need for that, love. you're part of our family now," she said, bringing you into a tight hug.

shocked, you hugged her, making eye contact with a flustered and sort of annoyed shinichiro. "muuuum, leave her alone, please?" shinichiro sighed, taking your hand and tugging on it. you offered shinichiro's mum a quick smile.

"make sure you take care of each other," she smiled at you two. "yeah, we will, mum, thanks," shinichiro nodded, trying to usher his mum out of the scene. "you just came back from work, didn't you? you should get some rest," he smiled, leading her away.

thankful that shinichiro respected his mum (personally, your biggest turn off is when a person doesn't respect their parents, most of all their mum),
you sat down on one of the chairs, sighing heavily. shinichiro's footsteps echoed as he approached nearer and nearer to you after a few minutes of waiting.

he took a seat in the chair angled weirdly, sheepishly smiling. "sorry. she's really obsessed with the thought of me having a girlfriend, or whatever," he said dismissively.

"what, because you always get rejected?" you joked, earning a playful glare from shinichiro. "maybe, or maybe she just likes seeing me happy with another person," he said, red painted across his cheeks as he looked down.

you smiled softly, finding shinichiro in his flustered state adorable, though you had seen it many times. "you make me happy," he finally looked up at you, beaming widely. now it was your turn to be flustered: not sure how to react, you turned your head, trying to hide any signs of embarrassment.

"o-oh."

shinichiro knew you would have trouble reacting, chuckling as he stared at you. obviously, shinichiro made you happy, the happiest you've ever been in months, maybe even years, but you had no clue how to step out of your comfort zone and express that.

would your relationship reach an end quicker because of your inability to express affection? you didn't have to overthink at the moment, but you certainly hoped not.

"it's getting late, do you wanna go home?" shinichiro suggested. maybe it was just you, but the way he spoke made it sound like he didn't want you to leave at all. so you shook your head, "i'll wait a bit so i can say by to emma and mikey," you declined, bot a complete lie.

shinichiro smiled at you sweetly before standing up, "so, how do you like your tea?"

˚➶

[ A/N ] 💗
im writing a kazutora x reader fanfic so yea