ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ; sᴛʀɪᴋʜᴇᴅᴏɴɪᴀ

strikhedonia 

(noun

the pleasure of being able to say 'to hell with it' 

HORNY GIGGLES fly around the occupied on-call room.

Her skin burns beneath the light traces of his fingertips, the scattered kisses across her tanned body, the softness of the duvet on the barest parts of her body. He nuzzles her neck, lips pressing open-mouthed kisses across the skin, her mind spinning with an intoxication only he can stir up. He's only ever this soft with her in the hospital, where she knows she can't be too loud, where his smile feels obvious against her body, where their story first started.

He pulls back when she laughs again.

"Ever," he groans, looking up from where he's situated his body between her thighs. Her fingers card through his hair, smoothing the sweaty strands out of his face. His chin rests on her stomach. "You sound like a schoolgirl, it's putting me off."

"Sorry." She's trying too hard to hold back her laughter. Alex erupts so many emotions within her that she can't help but laugh, and sometimes she can't help but cry, and sometimes she can't help but smile dreamily. It's not her fault that a single touch can make every hair stand on edge. "Sorry. I'll stop. Really. I just feel like an intern again."

Alex grins and presses a kiss to the skin just above her navel. "A horny intern." This sets off her giggles again and she tries to hide them by burying her face in her hands. Alex thinks it's the most beautiful sound he's ever heard, but he's not too sure he can ever tell her that. So he just leans forward and takes a hold of her hands, pulling them away from her face so he can capture her lips in a soft kiss.

She moans. It's enough to unwrap every protective layer he's taped around himself.

Her fingers move up to play with the hair at the nape of his neck, instinctively pulling him deeper into the kiss. One of his hand's grips at her thigh, like the closer they get, the more in love with each other they feel. Everett pulls back slightly. Her nose bumps against his and they both smile.

"I really don't want you to go."

She hasn't wanted him to go since he broke the news to her. But, this is John Hopkins. And everyone knows you don't just give up John Hopkins because the woman you're in love with starts pouting at you to stay.

"I know. Listen..." He bumps her nose again knowing it'll make her smile. It does. "I wish I could put off Hopkins, but I've already postponed them once. I doubt they'll believe me if I tell them you were hospitalised again."