Chapter 17

Using the Phoenix as their light source, both Seraph, and Texas transverse through the cave system, hoping to reunite with Exusiai and Mostima and get out of here, but not before finding the big brother of the little boy Seraph promised. 

Seraph: The more we stay here, the more we'll probably get lost or worse...

Texas: You got a better idea?

Seraph: Unless you want me to spark and cause this entire mine to blow up, then I suggest something else.

Texas: Then don't. 

Seraph: It was a j-!

Seraph didn't finish what he said as Texas continues down the path, causing him to sigh.

Minutes past as the duo continues walking through the mines, going deeper with every pasting moment. 

Seraph: Do you mind if I ask why you joined Penguin Logistics?

Seraph asks, only to receive silence from Texas.

Seraph: I mean your organization has a bad reputation in Lungmen for their tendencies of getting into "gang wars" with various criminal mobs.

Texas: ......

Seraph: ....Right... good talk...

Seraph mutters to himself as the duo continues onwards through the mines. Removing his glasses, he decided to inspect them before his vision suddenly flashes. 

Seraph: Huh?

The sudden event causes Seraph to stop walking, his glasses slowly falling off from his hands. Hearing the confusion, Texas turns around and was shock to see Seraph's eyes glowing white.

Texas: What the....

Seraph: What is it?

*Thump*
*Thump*

Both Seraph's ears peak up, turning towards the direction of the noise. Texas too heard a noise, but different from Seraph.

Texas: You hear that?

Seraph: Yeah, sounds like a.... heartbeat?  

Texas: Heart... beat?

Seraph: What? What were you expecting? 

Texas: Crying. I heard crying that way. 

Texas stated, pointing in the direction with Seraph following where she pointed. Strangely enough, Seraph saw an outline of a heart beating. 

Seraph: Funny, I can also see a heart beating. 

Texas: .......

Silent, Texas heads to the source of the noise with Seraph catching up to her, not before picking up his glasses from the ground.

Seraph: Hey! Wait up! 

Seraph follows after Texas through the mines, seeing the heartbeat getting closer. As the two get closer, they hear the sound of a boy crying for help, right as Seraph's eyes stop glowing. 

Boy: S-Somebody... h-help... m-me...

Seraph: Over there! 

Seraph spots the boy trap underneath rocks and boulders, crying in pain. He rushes over to the boy with Texas following after.

Boy: H-Help me.... p-please...

Seraph: Don't worry boy. We're here to help.

Examining the boy, Seraph notices that his left leg is broken and that his appearance is similar to the Ursus boy he met earlier. 

Seraph: Hey, aren't the big brother of the boy I met earlier? 

Boy: My... m-my little b-brother...? H-He's...

Seraph: Save your breath. I'm getting you out of there. 

Placing his hand on the debris, Seraph's hand begins to glow purple, casting his Arts on the debris causing it to break down. Once done, he looks at the broken boy's leg.

Boy: I... I-I don't think I'll be able to w-walk a-again....

Seraph: Shhhhhh, let me help. 

Light orb appearing in his left hand, Seraph places it on the boy's broken leg. The leg glows a bright white before dying down, revealing the completely healed leg. The boy was shocked, but unsure if it work, looking to Seraph for an answer.

Boy: A-Are you sure this will w-work...?

Seraph: Positive, can you try standing or walking? 

Boy: I-I think I can...

The boy stands up, shaken a bit but steadies himself before walking around a bit, smiling right as he hugs Seraph. 

Boy: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For making my leg feel better mister!

Seraph smiles, patting the boy on his head.

Seraph: No worries. Come on, we have to reunite with your little brother.

Boy: Ok!

Seraph looks to Texas who gave him a rare thumbs up. However, Texas received widen eyes from Seraph, confusing her before she was suddenly push away by him.

Surprised, Texas looks and saw that Seraph blocked some rock projectiles that were meant for her.

Seraph: We're not the only ones here.

Texas: What makes you sa-

*RUMBLING* 

The sound of rumbling alerted both Seraph and Texas as they look to spot a group of Colossus approaching them. 

Texas: Tsk, this isn't good.

Boy: Oh no... she's back! 

Seraph: Who do you mean "SHE"? 

Boy: She claimed herself to be an ex-Reunion operator and Sarkaz mercenary, searching for a foothold to establish by taking in a great number of our own here. However, with what's going on above has caused her to bring them here.

The boy reveals as he hid behind Seraph.

Seraph: What is the name of this person you described? 

Boy: I-I don't know, s-sir... I-I'm sorry....

Both Seraph and Texas were standing side by side, swords drawn-out, readying themselves. 

Seraph: By my estimate I count about 16 or more. 

Texas: Let's get rid of them so we can get out of this mine and find Exusiai and Mostima.

Seraph: Got it. Go find somewhere safe boy, I don't want you to be caught in the crossfire. 

Boy: O-Of course sir! 

As the boy leaves for a safety spot, both Seraph and Texas rushes towards the group of Colossus, ready to destroy them all. 

End of Chapter