Chapter 24

Winnower: Your civilization created mobile cities that can travel from nation to nation. Yet you continue on foot. Why is that?

Seraph: Because we can't risk having two nomadic cities crashing into each other, which can cause a Catastrophe level event. Plus, with the engines damaged, we're basically stuck. Heh, funny that the question is coming from a being that can cause an extinction-level event.

Currently, Seraph and the Reunion were at the edge of the city, Chernobog, seeing the city, Lungmen, passing by in the distance. However, due to being in Ursus territory and a target on their heads; they have to get out of the city and fast. 

Talulah: How long do you think it'll take us to reach Lungmen?

Asked Talulah, as she and Seraph see Lungmen coming to a complete stop. 

Seraph: Best estimate? Probably about a few days if we go on foot... That is if we don't get caught by the Ursus military.

Talulah: Oh... you probably heard about the news already...

Seraph: Correct, found a report about the attack in a ruined government building. They REALLY want your head.

Seraph stated as he tries to plan the fastest way to reach Lungmen in order to stop the other half of the Reunion movement from continuing on their attacks, but also insure that the Reunion he's with be able to escape Ursus territory without facing the might of the Ursus military.  

Talulah shivers, thinking about how her movement was originally used to shelter persecuted Ursine Infected inhabiting the Northern Tundra, to becoming a militant force that used acts of terror for the "Infected cause" it is currently. Not to mention being a high-value target for the Ursus military is a death sentence. 

Frostnova: Talulah.

Hearing the Frostnova's voice, Talulah was immediately snapped out of her thoughts, looking to the yeti ringleader who was approaching her. 

Talulah: What is it Frostnova?

Frostnova: My scouts reported that there's a Ursus military convoy heading straight for our location.

Talulah: That's indeed bad. 

Frostnova: Unfortunately, it's not just that... a Emperor's Blade was spotted amongst the convoy. 

Hearing what Frostnova just said, both Seraph and Talulah's eyes widen, panic starting to set in. While it's possible for the Reunion to escape the nomadic city. The inclusion of a Emperor's Blade has thrown a wrench into their plans. 

While panic sets amongst the Reunion, the Winnower was silent and calm. The mention of these "Emperor's Blades" interests him. 

Winnower: These... Emperor's Blades. Who are they exactly?

The Winnower asked, stopping everyone mid-panic. Before anyone could answer, Patriot steps in, answering the anomaly's question.

Patriot: They're the Royal Guards of the Ursus' military who answer directly to the Emperor of Ursus and carry out "the will of Ursus itself" with extreme prejudice. They shouldn't be underestimated for they're infamous for their horrendous acts whenever they go.

Winnower: Hmmm, it appears that you once fought along side with them.

Patriot: Indeed, I had... 

Patriot replied back, there was a long silence between the Winnower and Patriot before the wendigo speaks again.

Patriot: But not anymore. They earned both respect and fear from Ursus' people, as well as those who oppose them.