Chapter 18

Bounty Hunter: AGH!!!

Up at the surface, both Mostima and Exusiai finished off the last of the bounty hunters that were chasing them.

Once done, the duo look around, hoping to find another entrance to the mines. 

Mostima: There should be an entrance to the mines just west from here. From what the folks told me.

Exusiai: Hey, take a look at this. 

Picking up a piece of paper from the dead bounty hunter, Exusiai unfolds it as Mostima waits to see what's on it. What the duo saw was rather uncomforting. 

A one hundred million LMD bounty was placed on Seraph, wanted alive by the Ursus government. 

Mostima: This is going to be a problem. 

Exusiai: Yeah, best that we hurry and find the other two befo-

*RUMBLE/BOOM* 

Exusiai was interrupted by a sound of a loud explosion follow by some rumbling. Both Mostima and Exusiai felt it from below. They look down and back at each other, knowing who is responsible.  

Mostima and Exusiai: Seraph. 

...

Seraph: Okay that a bit too much! A bit too much!!!

Back in the mines, Texas and the little boy shockingly watch Seraph took out a group of golems with his Shatter Nova Bomb. However, the action caused the mines to shake a lot as if it was about to collapse. This caused Texas to hold the boy tightly while glaring at Seraph. 

Boy: Woah....

Texas: Are you trying to get us killed?

Seraph: Hey! It's not my fault that only sizes for that are only large and medium! So take your pick! 

Soon more golems appear, alerting both Seraph and Texas.

Seraph: Also, are you going to help me or what?

Texas: Ready...

Putting the boy back in his hiding spot, Texas stands next to Seraph, readying for the incoming wave.

Timeskip

After dealing with the golems, the trio continues their way through the mines, still trying to find the way out. However, earlier, Seraph got injured by a snap rock that almost hit his stomach. Thankfully it was a near miss, but Seraph suffered greatly with the injury having Texas to support him. Strangely, the healing process didn't happen after the attack. 

Boy: Are you going to be alright, sir? 

The boy worriedly ask as he looks at the bandaged area around Seraph's stomach.

Seraph: [cough] Don't worry about me... I'll... make it... [grunts] Focus on finding that exit...

Seraph grunted in pain with Texas carry his arm around her shoulder to help him walk. 

Seraph Thoughts: My body should be healing by now... why isn't it...

Texas: Look! I see light up ahead, must be the exit.

Texas shouted. Seraph looks up to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Seraph: Finally.... 

The trio picks up their paces towards the light, hoping it to be the exit. Thankfully it was with the boy being the first to get out while Seraph and Texas follow after him.