Chapter 4

A roar of flaming explosions echoed through the night, as Seraph strikes down the bandits from above. Holding the flaming sword in his hands, Seraph sent projectile after projectile at any bandit as they burn to a crisp.

Bandit: Run away! RUN AWA-

*FWOOSH*

Every single bandit couldn't run away in time as the flaming projectiles were faster and were tracking them, which means they can't outrun the attack. Bandit after bandit was met with the fiery explosion of the blade as the Phoenix picks off those that survived the attack.

Bandit2: Is he a infected?! Why would he-

The bandit didn't get to finish his sentence as he was interrupted by a flaming blade to the face, easily turning him to ashes.

Seraph: That's all of them. Where's the leader?

Seraph questions as he lands on the ground looking in search of the bandit chief. Unknown to him, the chief is hiding behind a concrete wall.

Bandit Chief Thoughts: FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!! This can't be happening! We were doing so well until-

*BOOM*

The chief's thoughts were interrupted when the cover he currently using got destroy by an explosion.

The Bandit Chief turns around to see Seraph and his Phoenix staring at him.

Seraph: Found you.

Bandit Chief: Grrr! I'm going to kill you!

Seraph: You asking for a death wish?

Bandit Chief: RAAAAAGH!!!

Without replying, the bandit chief started charging towards Seraph with his machete.

Seraph: Wish granted.

Seraph then blocks the chief's attack as his Phoenix flies through the bandit chief, causing his chest to burst open with a hole showing his guts in flames. Seraph then slashes the chief with his flaming sword multiple times as the body starts to rip apart.

The bandit chief now lays dead on the cold dirt ground, most of his limbs were ripped off, his cold body now lays still as the fire slowly consumes him. Seraph stood there for a moment as his powers slowly fade away.

Seraph then falls on one knee as he takes a breather.

Seraph: [breathes] I guess the power take a lot more energy then I expected.

Seraph then looks around the village, houses were still burning as the blazing fire lit up the night sky. He didn't expect his actions would last that long.

Seraph: Looks like I have to help with the folks here.

Seraph said with his Phoenix nodding in agreement.

Timeskip

The next day came, Seraph spent up all night helping the village. He guesses that the bandits used Arts to start those fires. He also attends to the local villagers, helping them patch up their injuries.... although, there was nothing he could do to those that had already died.

Seraph: [sigh] If only I foreseen this...

???: E-Excuse me.

Seraph: Hm?

Seraph heard a female individual's voice calling out to him. He turns his attention to who was calling out to him. He saw a Feline just about the same height as him, she was wearing ragged clothing, and brown ling hair.