Introduction

RHEA'S POV

It's my last day on sixth grade and I'm determined to say my goodbyes to Dave. After our graduation tomorrow, my family will be migrating to another country, far away from here and it means I won't be seeing Dave again.

Dave Kings.

Remembering his gorgeous face made me dream endlessly in my own thoughts. Why am I so drowned to him in the first place anyway? I mean, he makes my heart beat fast, he makes me nervous and he makes me blush. Oh, I remembered that time on my third grade...

It is raining hard and I was sitting alone on a bench, shivering in coldness as the rain wet me from head to toe. I don't know how to fix my hair that it scattered across my wet face. I was waiting for my big brother to arrive so we can go home together but he didn't show up so I decided to walk home all by myself.

Until a group and fifth graders came on my way. There were three bad guys in their school uniforms. I thought they'll just ignore me but the other one covered my way.

"Where do you think you're going, little girl?" One of them asked with a bad smile. I was hugging my red backpack on my chest.

"Home..." I replied humbly and tried to pass them again but he covered me with one of his arms again.

"What's with your hair? Why is it curly?" Another asked, making fun of me. I bit my lower lip so I'll prevent myself from bursting into tears. My hair hair is straight from the top but it's naturally curly in the end.

"Are gonna cry, crybaby? Why don't you just give us a little fun with your curly hair so we would let you go?" Another one said and they laughed.

Bullying. I was a victim of bullying because of my curled hair and its wetness. I didn't realized my tears are already falling together with the rain.

"Oh. Curly crybaby is crying. Let's cut your hair so it will become shorter. Maybe when its shorter it might get a little straight." The boy covering my way held my hair. I started struggling in fear while crying for them to stop.

This isn't the first time I got bullied but I just wanted a peaceful life like the other kids. I can only manage to get away from bullying when my bigbrother's with me. He'll protect me from them but today is my unlucky day.

Before they could cut my hair, someone grabbed the boy's hand and punched him on his face. The boy fell on the floor with a thud.

He stomped on the other one and kicked his balls then elbowed the last one on his stomach as they all fell on the wet ground holding their torsos.

"Come on. Let's get you home." The new comer said and grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a shed. "I can't believe I'm doing this..." he muttered afterwards.

I was looking at him all the time and I feel like I'm looking at a superhero. I feel like we're moving in a slowmotion as we run towards the shed. I was blinking nonstop while looking at the boy, grabbing me by my hands. His hand is so warm and soft.

I just realized it was over when we reached the shed.

"How could you be so careless, Rhea? Didn't I tell you not to walk alone in the middle of the park?" My big brother eleven months older than me, Vincent, yelled at me while wiping me with a towel. I was looking at the boy who saved me earlier.

"T-Thank you for saving me..." I told him. I was looking at his face though he's not looking at me. He has sharp jaws and a beautiful shape of nose. Then he turned to look at me. It is my first time to see a boy this handsome at my age. Especially his dashing black eyes.