The Mysterious Tribe

That very afternoon, after the sisters learnt to use their powers, the four Willer's went up to the headquarters to do their research on Xeradius.

Stacey opened the Book on her lap and it turned to the page about Xeradius. There was a picture of what, Stacey guessed, was him. His face was hidden beneath his indigo hood, but his completely white eyes were flashing brilliantly underneath it. On his indigo-colored robe was a picture of the same pitchfork symbol that was on the Book, but instead of a creeper there was a serpent coiled around it. As she went through the entry, something caught her eye that made her gasp.

"What?" the others asked in unison.
"Xeradius is a descendant of a demon who owned the Book until it was stolen from him," she said, her eyes wide.
"Now we know why he has put so much effort into getting It," said Sarah.
"Okay, that's nice to know, but how exactly do we find the underworld?" asked Misty, looking over Stacey's shoulder.
"There's nothing here about finding it," said Stacey, passing the Book to Jacob.
"But I remember you telling us that only Demons can find the place," said Sarah.
"Yeah, but none of us are demons," said Misty.
The others nodded, but Jacob was looking grimly at Stacey and Sarah.
"What?" asked Stacey, staring at his rigid expression.
"Actually, there is one way we can-" he said slowly, looking at his cousins, "and that is through you two."
"How is that possible?" she asked, looking at him curiously. "I know that this might come as a shock to you both," he said, looking at them hopelessly, "but, you two are half demons."
"What?!" they both yelled while Misty frowned at her brother. "What are you talking about?"
"Well, if you remember, Matt was a demon and Heather wasn't. So technically, that makes you two half demons."

The sisters were still staring at him in shock when Misty suddenly cleared her throat.
"Now that the whole... awful surprise is revealed," she said, "can we get back to Xeradius now?"
"Right," said Stacey, looking away from Jacob while Sarah took the Book from his lap.
"As I was saying, since you two are..." he looked at them ruefully, "Stacey can easily teleport us in. All you have to do is concentrate really hard on Xeradius or Ann and we'll be there. "
"But won't the demons detect us or something?" asked Stacey, looking down at her hands.
"We have to be disguised that's all," he said
"Is that all," said Stacey, she narrowed her eyes and looked at him,"You don't sound very convinced with your own plan."
"Well it not like I have don't this before neither, I don't have everything figured out"
"Well let's hope it works out then," said Stacey, getting up, they joined hands and Stacey started concentrating on Ann, since she knew her more. Soon, she felt the same weird sensation run through her when she was in the washroom at the mall, and she knew they were teleporting away.

Soon, they were standing in what looked like a dump. Abruptly, they all caught their noses as the putrid air filled their nostrils.
"Phew, this place stinks!" said Misty, covering her mouth and nose.
"Tell me about it," Stacey said, looking around, revolted. "How do they breathe here, anyway?"
"I dunno," said Jacob, "but there's nothing we can do about it. We just have to bear it for a while."
"Besides," said Sarah, letting go of her nose and wincing when she took in the air, "the sensory nerves in our nasal cavity adapts to the smell after the time span of 7200 seconds."
Stacey rolled her eyes while Misty stared at her blankly.
"Never mind," Sarah mumbled.

Jacob removed his hand from his nose and looked around, disgusted. The whole place was filled with junk and, on closer inspection, a few withered bodies were decaying right on the cracked earth. There were no plants or any other living being in sight yet, but a few tiny huts were visible. The rotting land seemed to stretch on for ages.
"So, where are the chthonians?" asked Sarah.
Jacob shrugged his shoulders; he found some cloaks and handed them to the girls, who took it and put them on. "I think we should split. This place is huge and it might take a while to find Xeradius or anyone else."
So, Stacey and Jacob went one way while Sarah and Misty went the other way.