The Doomed case

Stacey was walking, all alone, down a dark passage, flashlight in hand. She was wondering where the others are as she kept on walking down the endless passage.

'When is this gonna end?' she thought tiredly as she dragged her feet down the stoned floor.

Soon, a large door loomed at a distance. She hurried towards it, hoping the others might be in there. When she reached it, she fumbled with the handle. But the door involuntarily opened, as if inviting her in. She stepped in and could instantly feel the eeriness of the room crawling up her skin.

Suddenly, ringing sounds echoed around the room, so faint yet so clear. She looked around, searching for the source of the noise. The ringing was so close to her, but she couldn't see it.

Now, it was so close to her ear that she couldn't take it anymore.

Stacey got up and sat bolt upright. The few rays of sunlight was lighting up her room, almost blinding her. She focused her eyes and looked around. She was in her room, and the phone was really ringing. She checked her clock, which showed nine in the morning.

'Who could call so early on a Saturday morning?' she thought drowsily as she got up. She crept out of her room and followed the clear ringing, which came from the H.Q.

Entering the room, she walked to the ringing phone and picked up the receiver.

"Hello," she said in a dozy voice.

"Is this the Willer residence?" asked a female voice.

"Yes, it is. How can I help you?" asked Stacey, yawning and rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"I can't talk now, I'm kinda busy. Can I come over to your place, if you can give your address, please?"

"Sure." Saying that, Stacey gave her their address.

After she placed the phone down, she lumbered back into her room and dropped onto her bed and instantly fell asleep. She didn't even realize that the call could even be a trap.

***

Around ten, the four Willers sat at the table for breakfast.

"Did any of you guys hear a ring an hour ago?" asked Jacob, pouring out his coffee.

"Well, if you did, why didn't you pick up the phone?" said Stacey ironically, gulping down her orange juice.

"So, someone did call," he said. "Who was it?"

"It was some female who wanted help, I think. She wanted to come over, so I gave her our address and-"

"What? Are you crazy?" said Sarah, looking at her sister aghast. "It could be another trap,"

"Wha...oh..." Stacey's hand flew to her mouth as she realized her mistake.

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," said Jacob, getting up to get the door.

As he opened the door, there stood a young woman with dark blue eyes and short red hair till her shoulders. Next to her stood a man who looked older than her, with tan skin,black hair and brown eyes.

"I called earlier," said the woman, looking around anxiously.

"Oh yeah," said Stacey, who had joined them. "Come on in."

They all walked in the den where Misty and Sarah were waiting. As they all sat, the woman held out her hand and said, "I'm Cassie Denver." She indicated at the guy, "and this is my sister's boyfriend, Ivan Andler."