Chronicles of Pyro

The four spun around to see what they were staring at so fretfully and saw a pale outline of a young man, or something that looked like a man. They couldn't make out what he looked like since his figure was hazy. But they could make out a wide smirk on his face.

"I have been waiting for you for a long time," he said in a low booming voice, the grin becoming more sinister. "What took you so long?"

He paused and gestured at the darkness. "I see you have destroyed my friends, which was not very nice of you." He glared at the huddled group. "And you found your friends." He shook his head in mock despair tilted back his head and laughed viciously.

"If it's us that you want then let them go," said Jacob, looking back at the group.

"Very well," he said nodding his head thoughtfully. "Besides, it's not like I have anything to do with them." Saying that, he raised his hand, and the five teenagers were suddenly pushed out of the room. Edward looked back to say something while he was pushed out and the painting closed on his face. The Willers heard the echo of their voice as the group of kids was being dragged downstairs and out the front door which slammed shut.

"So," said the faint outline, "they think some mortal can get rid of me? Pathetic humans, think too much of themselves. They never succeed in killing me in the past and you think you can? Now that's funny."

"Yeah well," said Jacob, trying to be bold as he folded his arm across his chest, "There is no harm in trying."

The figure flashed him a cold stare. "It was no use trying to feed on their life source because keeping them alive brought you to me," he said, not taking his eyes off them. "Therefore, I'll become strong and alive instead of fading away like some useless human, because now I've got you four." He fixed them in a hungry stare. "And both, life source and powers are mine!"

"Who are you in the first place?" asked Stacey, clutching the flashlight tightly to stop her hands from trembling.

"Oh, where are my manners?" he said, snickering. "I'm David McAllister."

Misty gasped as the picture of Pyro flashed through her mind. She never thought he would look like this, so frail and faded and... dull.

"Why are you doing this?" asked Sarah, her voice wavering.

David glowered at them and said, "Because your stupid mother ruined my life."

"What do you mean?" asked Misty softly.

David had a nasty smile on his face and he said, "You'll see."

Without warning, the room started to tilt beneath their feet and started to spin in front of their eyes. Soon, it picked up speed as it kept on spinning. But surprisingly no one felt themselves spinning with the room as they stood stationary as they glanced around, stunned.

Abruptly, the room stood still and the floor didn't tilt anymore. Sarah who was a bit green in the face was clutching her stomach and mouth. Misty and Stacey were trying to stop their heads from spinning. Jacob was the only one still intact and to notice that they weren't in the same room anymore.

***

David let out a triumphant laugh as he stepped into the hall, which was suddenly crowded with people they never saw before. The room was brightly lit and beautifully decorated with tinsel and flowers. The once dusty chandelier was gleaming brightly above them and at front there was a band playing some jazz music unknown by the four.

But nobody could ignore the clothes the people were wearing. It looked like something from the nineteen-seventies; Suits in all colors including blue and green, and long evening gowns with fancy laces. Most of them were clustered in groups talking away while the others just danced or listened to the music.