Kill Or To Be Killed

They crouched behind one of the huts and saw one of the demons throw a blazing ball at Jacob, but he stopped and deflected it, hitting the creator instead. Another one tried to hit Stacey, but she teleported out of the way just in time. This caused an outrage among the other demons and they all joined in.

    All Stacey could do was teleport from place to place, causing confusions among the demons. At one time, she appeared between two demons and, as foolish as a demon can get, they both tried to kill her by throwing fireballs. But then, she unexpectedly disappeared and they got killed instead.

    Jacob was defending himself by averting their powers. At one time, he threw back a flaming, acid green ball at the demon. When it hit it, its skin and flesh started melting right in front of his eyes, before it burst into flames.

    Some threw fire while others threw ice and few of them threw, what looked like, electricity. One of them just raised its hand and a scorching orange light flashed from it. The light destroyed everything in its path by slicing them in the middle. Before it could get near Jacob, he tried throwing it back. For that, he had to use a lot of energy to redirect the orange line. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead and, finally, he succeeded; sending the orange line back, he killed a number of demons that got in the way, including the caster.

Sarah and Misty were watching the battle, waiting for the right moment to strike when suddenly, a strong hand seized them from behind and pushed them roughly to the ground. They had forgotten that they weren’t transparent anymore.
“Well, it’s such a delight to see you again, sweetie,” a cold voice said from behind them.

They looked up and saw Ann, smirking down at them. Suddenly, Misty was lifted into the air and was pushed back a mile away onto the battlefield.

Sarah saw her hitting the ground hard and a group of demons quickly surrounded her.

Sarah diverted her attention away from Misty and looked back at Ann, wanting to choke her to death but held back the urge to do so.

Ann looked back at her, her grin fixed and her inky blue eyes flashing wickedly.

“I still remember the time your mother pleaded for her life before I killed her,” she said, taking in the pleasure of seeing the dismayed look on Sarah’s face. “A coward she was,” she continued, “just like how you were when those bullies taunted you when you were nine; like mother like daughter, I would say, ” her cold laugh echoed.

“If you think you’re going to upset me, you’re wrong,” said Sarah slowly, getting up. “I know that we’re more powerful than you.”

Ann gazed at her with a look of interest and asked, “Haven’t you wondered why you two didn’t get your powers for a really long time, unlike your cousins?”

“Jacob said that you had been restraining it,” she murmured, avoiding her gaze a bit.

“I took little part in that,” she said, sneering at her. “It was you who did most of the restraining.”

Sarah stared at her and asked, “Us?”

“Do you remember the stupid toy you used to carry around?”

Sarah nodded, frowning.
“I had put a spell on it to insure that your powers won't show at all. I even placed a gripping spell on it so that no matter where you go, you have to carry it around.”

“Yeah, well,” said Sarah. “Now that we do have our powers-”

“You can overpower us?” Ann mocked, looking behind Sarah and her grin widened. “If so, how come your sister’s having no luck?”

Sarah looked back and gasped when she saw Xeradius tossing Stacey into a large, dome-shaped iron cage and locking it. Stacey tried teleporting out, but just bounced back in. She tried again, but couldn’t escape. Xeradius was saying something to her before he tilted back his head and laughed, which could clearly be heard over the commotion. Stacey was glaring at him angrily and yelled something, which seemed to have angered him more. He lifted his hand and tossed Stacey back hard and she hit the iron bars.

Sarah turned transparent and dashed past the demons, like they weren’t even there, towards her. When she reached there, she tried going through it. But before she could even touch it, she felt something hot stinging her transparent body. Before she realized, she got zapped and was thrown back hard and landed right in front of Xeradius. She turned back to her solid state and bent over in agony.