2 | Dancing teacher

Before summer

Before summer

The little children are all surrounding me while I turn off the music. I know that most of them would rather stay here and dance the whole night, but I have to disappoint them. I don't have any time for another dance-off with them because I have a party to attend that I would rather be on time for so I can still lock my door. I don't need strangers to hook up in my room.

But I can't say that to them. They are too young to hear all of those things. "Your parents are all waiting for you outside. Next week, we are going to start with another dance-off." I feel the pain in my shoulder of the bad fall I had earlier at the game that we won. Most of the guys are already drunk texting me to join them but I had this class to give.

The dancing school that first started as something I wanted to try out turned out to be part of my life. I give classes now to little children because I have an appeal that most of them love. I don't really know what it is but I love every single one of them with my heart. It makes me smile whenever they are doing their best to do a dance move just like me.

"But I want to stay here." One of the little girls, Leila, is hugging my leg now while I am walking towards the door. Her parents have gotten used to the fact that she is either hugging my leg or I am carrying her to them. She is practically in love with me and doesn't want to spend a moment without me. It is the cutest thing I have seen and I try my best to give her a bit more attention than the others.

"Leila, you have to let go of Brandon. He has other places to go." Her mother takes her off my legs while she wraps her arms tighter around me. I give her a simple kiss on the top of her head before handing her bag to her dad. "I can go with him."

"One day, you will get some more free time with him. But not today." Her parents start to walk away from me while she waves enthusiastically at me. I have a big smile plastered on my face when she is still waving at me when they are outside. "Those little children are all in love with you. You are going to be a great dad one day."

One of my colleagues holds the door open for me while I swing my bag over my shoulder, the one that doesn't hurt. The fall was a pretty bad and nasty play from the other team. I am sure that I have to spend the rest of the month with the medical assistant so he can massage the pain away from it.

"One day, it might happen." She locks the dance studio while I wait for her. I make sure that no one has to be alone at night. Whenever one of the teachers is alone, I come over and lock the studio with them. Most of them don't say they need it but I can tell that they appreciate me showing up. It can be scary outside, especially for a woman nowadays.

"I hope that I can still see it happen." She honks at me when she passes by. She is the youngest teacher at the studio who had a hard time opening up to me. It is not that I can really blame them for not believing me. It all started with a weird bet with my friends that I wouldn't go to a dance studio to take classes. And I don't back down from a bet and that is how I ended up here.