24 | Museum

Warning: mature scene coming up

"Have you tried using other brushes?" Leslie is in her element, I can tell by how big her smile is. Every single classmate of Shawn is standing around her. They are all waiting for her to do or say something. They are mesmerized by her. "I am saving for new ones."

Leslie points at me to hand her bag full of old stuff she no longer uses. I cleaned her art room with her last night when I told her Shawn wanted her to join us at the museum. I had volunteered to be a supervisor since I wanted to keep an eye on Shawn. But he wanted Leslie to tag along because she has more knowledge of art.

I didn't tell him that it actually hurt me that he prefered her over me. I am just glad that he finally found someone that he can rant to when it comes to art. I have no clue what he talks about whenever he comes over. I just nod my head and make sure to always look pretty when he wants to draw me.

"I have some supplies that I no longer use and wanted to share it with you guys." Shawn's smile is big when Leslie looks at him. She told me earlier that Shawn wanted her to tag along because he has been talking about her a lot. Nobody believed him that he is friends with a college girl who studies art.

"Be nice and make sure that everybody has something." She lays all of the supplies on the ground and everybody runs to get something. Shawn stays in the corner of the room constantly looking at one particular girl. "Are you done checking her out?"

He slaps my chest after realizing it is me. "You have been staring at the girl with red hair since she got here. Are you not going over to her?" He looks confused at me like I just told him that I am the Prince of Wales or something. "You might be confident and hot enough to do that but I am not. I will stutter in front of her and make a fool of myself."

"So, you would rather creep on her?" He shakes his head while Leslie makes her way over to us. She is wearing her usual outfit, black jeans and a red top, with one of my hats on top of her head. She didn't want to wash her hair because that apparently would ruin her hair routine so she got my hat to cover her greasy hair.

When I said she could simply watch it, she actually looked angry at me for proposing that to her. I apparently don't realize how long it takes for her hair to be good to go because I don't have to deal with it all. I took a mental note to never mention it again and just hand my hat to her.

"Who are you guys staring at?" Leslie gets between me and Shawn. I know that it is her way to tell me that I need to cut some slack on him. He has been trying really hard to be more confident in himself. But I just don't get it how someone so talented and amazing as him doesn't realize it himself. "Come on, I want to know it too."

Shawn puts his hands in front of his face and starts to groan. He knows that Leslie will make a big deal out of it. She loves him, she might not say it out loud, with her whole heart and wants the best for him. "I am going to figure it out myself, Shawn, you know that. So make it easier for the both of us and just tell it."