17 | Promise us

My ringtone fills Brandon's room making both of us groan at the sound

My ringtone fills Brandon's room making both of us groan at the sound. It wasn't my intention to stay over at his place but I guess I am doing a lot of things I didn't plan to do. Brandon isn't even aware of how much I have done for him that I normally don't do for guys. I don't go out on dates. I don't stay over to cuddle. And I especially don't fall for them.

All those freaking rules I once had are gone now. Brandon slowly but precisely made my walls fall down around him.

"It is way too early for someone to call." He pulls me closer to him so I can't get out of bed. I don't even want to fight with him about it because it feels nice. It is nice to have his arms around me making me feel safe. "That is why I need to pick it up."

He doesn't bother letting go of me, instead, he grips me tighter. It takes me a lot of effort to finally get my phone from the nightstand. "Leslie, honey, it is your dad. You remember me right?" The sound of my dad's voice makes me jump out of Brandon's arms. He looks perplexed and shocked at me.

Knowing my parents, they are going to ask me to facetime them so they can see me. Even when I ask Brandon to not show his face, they will know that I am not in my own room. I am not sure that I am ready to tell my parents about Brandon because I have no idea how they will react to all of this.

They will embarrass me for sure. "Dad, I am aware that you still exist. I texted you two days ago about the project I am doing." They can be a lot when it comes to me not texting them back directly. They are scared that I am going to forget about them. That I am going to realize that I no longer need them.

But they saved my life and I am thankful for that.

"Show your face, honey, I don't want to look at the inside of your ear anymore." I take another look at Brandon who just smiles at me. He is never scared to do something, he just does everything with so much ease. "Before you freak out, I am not at my own place."

"Sweetheart, you need to come now. Leslie finally is showing us a guy or girl she is dating." I can hear my other dad drop everything on the floor. That only shows how much I don't date guys and bring them home to meet my parents. "You are not joking with me, right? I think that I broke one of our expensive mugs."

Slowly, I show my face to them while Brandon stretches himself. He is aware of me giving him eyes because he is hot. I am dating a very attractive guy that is well aware of that fact. He knows what to do to make me forget about all my rules.

"You sure?" Brandon just sits beside me not even covering his chest. His tattoos are on full display for my parents who are both shocked. If Brandon is shocked that I have two dads, he doesn't even show it. "Nice to meet you, sir. I wish it would have been in different circumstances."

"Nonsense, pretty boy, we are glad that we finally meet the guy who can handle our daughter. We both know how tough she can be." Brandon wraps his arm around me pulling me closer to him. My parents are eating this shit up. I don't think that I have ever seen them this happy before.