Epilogue

Leslie's face fills my phone screen

Leslie's face fills my phone screen. Her face is filled with blue and red paint while she smiles widely at me. "You are wearing your glasses? Are you studying?" She pushes a hair strain behind her ear while I close my laptop. The only thing that matters right now is my girlfriend who is worried about me once again.

"Are you sure that you can call? I don't want to bother you when your exams are coming up. We can call another time." Shaking my head, I sit down at my bed and take this time to stare at her. "I miss you so fucking much."

"I miss you too. But one more month and we will see each other again." She smiles weakly at me because we haven't seen each other for so long. Long-distance is harder than I thought it would be. The hardest part is saying goodbye to each other again after we see each other. We are all happy and ignore it the whole time until it is time to get back to reality and say goodbye. "Think about how long we will see each other."

"I am already planning some things that I want to explore together." Her black hair is cut short now. She wanted to look older because all her colleagues are older than her. She wants to look mature so she cut her hair shoulder-length now. It is less for me to pull on but I can work with it. "Are museums on the planning?"

"Is that even a question?" She looks genuinely shocked that I dare to ask that question. We have agreed to spend some time in Paris because we both want to see it so badly. We didn't have a lot of free time but we made some time for this trip. "We are going to visit so many museums that you are going to enjoy them too after a while. I promise you that."

"As long as it is with you, I am fine with it all." Her cheeks turn a redder shape and I just love that I can still make her feel that way. It has been four months since she left for her internship in Seattle and we are still so in love with each other. I think that we fall in love with each other every single day a bit more. "You are cheesy but I love it."

"When is your next assignment due?" Pushing my glasses up, she starts to bite her bottom lip. I don't know why she finds it so hot but she constantly talks about me wearing my glasses more. So now whenever she calls me, I make sure to have them on. "Next week. The same time as the hockey game."

"Oh, that sucks. Do you need me to keep you company while you write it?" She starts to wipe away some paint on her face. I am mesmerized by her because I just don't get it how lucky I got with her. "Brandon, are you still there? My internet sucks here and I want to make sure that I haven't lost you."

"I am still here. Just staring at my gorgeous girlfriend." She rolls her eyes while I can hear the bell ring downstairs. "You should get that but don't hang up."

Walking downstairs, I show her the new place that I am staying at. My parents wanted to pay me for a solo dorm but I accepted a house with the other hockey players. It is not because all my friends are gone that I can't socialize with other people. I just miss living with Felix and Carson sometimes.

They are both thriving in their lives and making sure to keep me updated. I even get weird videos of Carson with his new team that Amelia sends me. He even has some tickets waiting for me at every place he plays when I want to see him. Felix on the other hand has been spending a lot of time working at his family business. And he helps Kennedy whenever he has time in the bakery.

"Package for Brandon Leon." The delivery guy hands me a big ass package that I could barely pick up on my own. "You should open it when you are alone." Leslie's voice fills the living room while I close the front door.

"You are going to love this one, I promise." She doesn't say anything else until I am back upstairs with the package. "Can you give me a simple tip on what it could be?"

"Just open it. You have been begging for it for a while now." Ripping the paper apart, I can see the painting of her naked body. I have been wanting to get one since I saw it once on my Instagram. "You did not, cherry."

"I thought that would help you when you are studying." She bites her bottom lip while I stare at the painting of her naked body. "Do you like it?"

"Do I like it?" Rubbing my beard, I am lost at words. "What for stupid question is that? I adore this with my whole heart. I am going to hang this up in my room." Placing my phone on my desk, I start to find a place to hang it up. I want to be able to stare at it in every corner of my room.

"I knew that you would love it." My groans must say enough because I can see all the curves on her body clearly in the painting. "I fucking love you, cherry."

"I love you too, my muse."

We are never going to let go of each other.