25 | Meeting the parents

"How is it possible that he looks even more beautiful in real life?" Both my dads look at Brandon who is playing with Alex, my new little brother, in the garden

"How is it possible that he looks even more beautiful in real life?" Both my dads look at Brandon who is playing with Alex, my new little brother, in the garden. He is trying to teach him how to play hockey on the grass while Alex follows his lead. "Sweetheart, he is even good with children. How are you not undressing that man right now?"

"We are talking about my boyfriend, dad. You guys are supposed to be the adults here." They are holding each other tight while I am finishing the cake that Kennedy made. She said that I only had to put on the icing on top and it would be done. It is amazing she did this because I am the worst when it comes to baking.

"We are still all shocked by that, sweetheart. Just give us some time to get used to the fact you have a hot boyfriend. Or just a boyfriend in general." My dad goes to the garden before kissing my other dad on his cheek. They have always shown me what true love looks like. I just have been afraid of it because it all looks so real with the ups and downs.

"Your dad is just happy that you finally found someone that you love. You know that this is just his way of showing how proud he is of you." He takes the cake out of my hands and starts to do the icing. "I don't want you to mess this amazing cake up, honey."

"How is it possible that you can draw a whole ass person but not on a cake?" He starts to make a simple design that I could probably make too. If it would have been on paper, I would have made it way better but on a cake, I just can't. "I don't know how, dad, but I do know that it is better that I stay out of the kitchen."

"You are lucky that Brandon's friends can stand you. Otherwise, we would be poisoned by you trying to bake a cake." I throw one of the pillows beside me at my dad. "People adore me. What are you even talking about?"

"Sweetheart, we both know that you are known for pushing people away." He snorts when I give him a confused look. It is not that I am not aware of the fact I have a few friends but I don't need my parents to say that. "It isn't a bad thing to have a select group of friends. But I am just glad that you have more than just Autumn and Jonas."

"And why is that?" He shows me the cake first before placing it on the table. "Those two are so in love with each other that they kind of has forgotten you. Don't you think I realize that you call me whenever you are alone?"

"And you called me a lot until you met Brandon." He finishes his sentence like he is stating some facts. He looks quite pleased with himself for noticing that I call him whenever I feel alone. "I am not complaining about it. I actually brag to your dad about it that you call me instead of him."

"We both know how noisy your dad can be when it comes to your life." We both laugh because that is an understatement. My noisy dad would make it his life mission to find out anything about my life by annoying me. "He means good but he just doesn't realize that you sometimes need someone to just sit there with you. And that is what I do."

"I will sit on the phone with you while we both finish our work. We don't really talk but just the presence of each other helps." He kisses the top of my head before shouting for the guys outside. "We don't like it when your dad says it but we are more alike than we want to admit. We both need some quiet sometimes in our lives."