Chapter Five

A/N: Please play the song. It will give more feels while reading the story. :)

Weeks had already passed, and Mew still couldn't believe his father had passed away. The last thing he remembered before being admitted to the hospital was taking a whole bottle of sleeping pills. Since then, he had been blaming himself for making an impulsive decision that cost them his father's life.

His father left the four of them a hefty wealth, enough for them to live lavishly without even shedding a sweat. It was as if his father had already known he'd be gone. His properties were left in their names after his passing. Once Mew was out of the hospital, Saint left for Thailand. He said that he couldn't stand living in the house where their father used to live. It makes him sad, angry, and guilty.

Mew was in his room strumming his guitar while looking outside. He heaved a sigh, and the door to his room opened.

"Hey. What are you doing there?" Off said the moment he entered the room.

Mew turned to him and gave him a timid smile.

"Just thinking about some things, P'."

Off sighed upon hearing what his brother said. It is not a secret to him how Mew still blames himself for what happened to their father.

"It's not your fault if that's what you're thinking. You don't have to beat yourself for what happened."

Mew looked at his brother. Off had been very naughty throughout his life. He's a man that knows no boundaries. It's his first time seeing his brother like this. It feels weird.

"Bright and I will go back to Thailand next week. Do you want to come with us?" Off asked while gauging his brother's reaction.

Sure. Mew wants to go back. He badly wants to. But something from inside held him back.

"I'll stay here, P'," was Mew's answer, which shocked Off.

"What?! What are you saying? Are you nuts?" Off was so shocked to hear what Mew said.

"I'm not ready to go back to Thailand yet, P'," Mew uttered in a voice that sounded almost like a whisper.

"I want to stay here in the meantime. I want to find myself, my purpose. I want to be whole when I face Gulf again." Mew said, with longing in his eyes.

Since he came to the US, there was not a day that he didn't think of Gulf. He's always in his mind, in his thoughts. After all that happened, Gulf is still the only one he thinks about. He wants to become a better man for him. He wants to be deserving of him.

"Are you sure about that? I already got a ticket for you. I just asked you to confirm whether you're ready to return to Thailand."

Off is still doubtful. He doesn't fully believe Mew's reasons, but whatever those reasons are, he knows that Mew took his time to make his decision.

Off only received a nod from his brother. He patted him on the shoulder before he stood up and left the room. Once Off was out, Mew took out his phone and stared at his wallpaper. It was Gulf. He sighed before whispering, "I'll become a better man for you, baby. Please, wait for me."

>Bangkok; Gulf's Residence (2019) <

The annoying sound of the alarm clock can be heard in the room. A body covered with the thick sheets soon turned to the side to continue his sleep but to no avail. The alarm clock sound annoyed him so much that he decided to wake up.

"What a way to start the morning," Gulf said as he rubbed his eyes. He sat on his bed and yawned while stretching his body. He checked his phone for any messages. He smiled upon seeing the name of the person who sent him a message.