Chapter Twelve

The loud siren of an approaching ambulance echoed through the hospital. Upon getting the patient out of the ambulance, Kao's co-workers were shocked to see him lying on the stretcher.

Without any hesitation, they immediately brought him to the emergency room to treat him. Kao was unconscious. He was involved in a car accident near Chulalongkorn University.

After a while, another ambulance came to the emergency room, and an unconscious university student was taken out of the ambulance. The patient was then wheeled inside the emergency room. He fell from a 10 meters steep stairs and is currently unconscious.

The doctors proceeded to treat the patients and save their lives.

----------------------------------------------------

Kao woke up to a stinging feeling on his shoulder, only to see that he was currently in a cast. He felt light-headed and touched his head, only to feel a bandage wrapped around it.

When his mom noticed that he was already awake, she immediately went to him and hugged him while crying.

"Son... Thank God you're awake now...." His mom sobbed and cupped his face.

Kao smiled faintly at his mom. He remembered that a car hit his car, but he knows it was not that bad.

"I'm fine, mom. This is just minor." Kao tried to assure his mom.

"How can you say it's minor when you're like that?" His mom said while crying again.

Just then, Kao remembered why he was involved in a car accident. He over sped to get to Gulf's university. Without wasting any time, he asked his parents about Gulf.

"How's Gulf? Do you have any news about him?"

Kao felt scared when his mom and dad looked at each other.

"Son, I need you to take a rest first. You just regained your consciousness. You can see him once you gained back your energy." It was Kao's dad.

"Dad, I want to see Gulf now." Kao insists. His parents are trying to avoid his question about Gulf.

"Son..."

"Mom, please."

Her mom heaved a sigh. She felt resigned. Kao looked at his dad and saw him put his hands inside his pockets. When he looked back at his mom, his mom nodded and held his hand.

The next thing Kao knew, he was already in the ICU, looking at the love of his life. Toptap is in a daze, while Win is a crying mess.

Gulf's fall caused him to have a concussion, and right now, he's in critical condition. The doctors said not to worry, since the concussion is not that bad. They'll just have to wait for Gulf to regain his consciousness before they transfer him to a regular room. However, the doctors said that if he'll not wake up within 72 hours, they should expect the worse.

Kao slowly went to Gulf's side and held his hand. He kissed his hand and his tears fall endlessly.

"Please wake up, love. I'll forget what I saw earlier. I'll take it like it didn't happen. Just please, wake up." Kao said as he held Gulf's hand so tight.

He looked at Gulf and saw tears rolling down from his eyes. He's unconscious, but he knows that he can hear them.

Kao leaned closer to Gulf's ear and whispered, "I love you. Please wake up now." Kao then leaned his head to his boyfriend's cheek, while tears continue to fall from his eyes.