Chapter Sixteen

Gulf went back to the hotel with a heavy heart. Once he reached their room, he saw Kao sitting on one of the chairs around the coffee table, and reading a book. When Kao saw him, he immediately put the book down and went to him.

"Hun. Where have you been?" Kao asked Gulf, as he held his waist.

Gulf just looked at Kao and hugged him. "I'm sorry..."

Kao was confused. "Sorry for what?"

"Just...I..." Gulf can't continue. He doesn't even know why he's sorry. But his heart tells him to apologize to Kao. He released Kao from his hug and went to get his clothes from their luggage.

"I already placed our clothes in the closet," Kao said, as he went back to read the book.

Gulf just nodded and got some clothes before entering the bathroom. He took a warm shower to calm his mind. He's confused, hurt, and empty. He doesn't know how he exactly feels at the moment. After taking a shower, he decided to go out of the bathroom, only to see Kao already sleeping on the bed.

While drying his hair, he remembered where his eyes lingered for a while, before returning to the hotel. It was the penthouse. An idea came to Gulf's mind, as he inched closer to their bed. He looked at Kao up close and made sure that he was soundly asleep. Once he confirmed that he was indeed asleep, he got his phone from their bedside table and headed to go out of their room. Before completely closing the door, he looked at Kao once again before muttering, "I'm sorry."

--------------------------------

Mew is still up. He already finished the bottle of wine, but his eyes don't feel heavy, even a bit. He can't forget what he saw today. Mew closed his eyes for a while, as the cold wind hit his skin. He fished his phone from his pocket and called the reception area.

Once the receptionist answered, Mew, did not waste a second and immediately asked. "Can you please check if someone with the name of Nattarin is booked in the hotel?"

"Alright, sir. One moment please."

As the receptionist is checking the guest list, Mew's heart is racing. What if it was indeed Gulf? What will he do? Will he introduce himself to him? Mew's thoughts were disturbed, when the receptionist talked on the phone again.

"Sir, I already checked our hotel's guest list for today, and no one's booked with the name of Nattarin."

"Are you sure about that? Did you double-check?" Mew asked once again. It might be that the receptionist just overlooked Gulf's name.

"Yes sir. No one's booked in here with the name of Nattarin."

"Alright. Thank you."

So it was confirmed. It was all in his head. That person is not Gulf. He must've missed him so much that he started seeing his face in another person. Mew heaved a sigh before he stood up and headed for sleep.

---------------------------

Gulf was fidgeting with his fingers as he make his way to the hotel's penthouse. He's gonna go there without knowing who he's looking for. When the elevator dinged and open its doors. He was surprised when there was no security system for the penthouse. He stepped out of the elevator and wandered around for a moment. He stopped upon seeing a door.

"This must be where that guy lives." Gulf thought to himself, although he was not entirely sure. He took a deep breath before pressing the doorbell.

------------------------------

Mew was almost asleep when he heard the doorbell to his penthouse ring. He didn't call anyone to come up, so it can't be the housekeeping or food delivery. He decided to ignore it and go back to sleep, as it might be another drunk guest who got lost.