Chapter Thirty-four

Mew was busy arranging the table. He and Gulf were assigned to the kitchen to prepare meals for the kids. Meanwhile, Natasha is still soundly asleep in their room.

After the couple reconciled, Mew decided to spend some time with his family. He wanted to strengthen what he and Gulf have, especially since they are both parents to Natasha.

While arranging the plates on the table, Mew heard faint footsteps. He smiled knowing who it was. Not even a minute later, a tiny voice echoed inside the kitchen.

"Papa... Daddy..." Natasha called her parents while rubbing her eyes. On her arm is Alice, her favorite doll.

Gulf smiled upon hearing the voice and left whatever he was doing to tend to his daughter. When he reached her, he lifted her. "Good morning, honey."

"Good morning, Papa," Natasha said and snuggled her head into the crook of Gulf's neck.

"How about me? Don't I get a good morning?" Mew asked from a distance.

Natasha raised her head and looked in Mew's direction. "Good morning, Daddy." The kid said, before going back to hugging Gulf again.

Gulf hugged back Natasha and patted her back. He was about to put her down on one of the chairs when he felt something off. He creased his eyebrows in confusion, and hurriedly placed his hand on Natasha's forehead.

"Baby, do you feel anything? Do you feel hurt anywhere?" Gulf asked as he felt Natasha's temperature a bit hot.

"I'm so sleepy, Papa..." the kid said, who still continues to close her eyes and cling to Gulf.

It wasn't left unnoticed by Mew, who came to where Natasha and Gulf are.

"Love? What's wrong?"

Gulf looked at him, his eyes filled with worry. "She's a bit hot and complained that she feels so sleepy. She might have a fever." Gulf said, who tightened his hug on Natasha.

Mew placed his palm on their daughter's forehead. Natasha indeed feels a bit hot compared to his temperature. "Should we bring her to the hospital?"

Gulf sighed. "I guess we'll have to let her rest a bit and give her some medicines. We have a clinic here."

Mew nodded. "Alright. I'll just finish this up. Just bring her to the room. I'll follow once I'm done here."

Gulf just nodded and went out of the kitchen. He headed to their room and placed Natasha down on their bed. He got the thermometer from the drawer of the bedside table and placed it on Natasha's underarm. When the thermometer beeped, he checked the temperature, and its 38 degrees.

"Honey, papa will get a towel and basin of water for you, okay? It'll cool down your temperature a bit."

Gulf was about to leave when Natasha's little hands held his hand.

"Papa... don't leave me here..." Natasha is now crying.

Gulf felt heartbroken seeing their daughter like that. He went back to the bed and sat beside Natasha. He hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"Shush now. Papa will stay here. Get some more sleep, and I'll wake you up once daddy brings in here your food, okay?"

"Promise papa, you won't leave?" Natasha asked, her eyes still brimming with tears.

Gulf held his daughter's hand and nodded. "Papa won't leave."

Natasha hugged him back. Minutes later, Gulf already heard a light snore. He gently moved away from the bed to stand up and get a towel and basin of water, when Natasha got hold of his shirt and held unto it.