Chapter Twenty-eight

While talking with the monk, Toptap and others heard a commotion outside. All of them, including the monk, stepped outside to see what was going on.

When they reached the entrance of the orphanage, they saw Mew carrying someone in his arms.

"Mew, what happened?" Toptap said and went to Mew.

When Toptap saw the face of the person Mew is carrying, he was beyond surprised. He covered his mouth with his hand to muffle his cry.

"Gulf..."

"Somchai? What happened here?" The monk asked as he took a closer look at the unconscious Gulf.

"I'll explain everything later. I need to bring him inside first." Mew said as he made his way inside.

"Come on. I'll show you his room." The monk said as he led the way to Gulf's room.

All of them were able to get a glimpse of Gulf's face when Mew passed by them to bring Gulf to his room. They can't believe their eyes. It was indeed Gulf.

Win was about to enter the orphanage when a car stopped by the entrance. Kao and Up went out of the car and went to them.

"Did you wait long?" Kao asked as he made his way inside with Up.

"Not that long, P'. But I think you need to brace yourselves for the good news." Win said as he can't hide his happiness.

Up tilted his head to the side. "What about it?"

"Follow me."

Kao and Up looked at each other, before following Win inside.

------------------------------

When they reached Gulf's room, the monk opened the door for Mew. He entered and placed Gulf down gently on the bed.

He then caressed his head and removed the hair that covers his forehead. Mew can't help but cry.

"Can you please tell me what happened to Somchai?" the monk worriedly asked.

Mew faced the monk. He was about to talk when Suda entered the room. All of them turned their heads to the kid.

"Nong Suda, what are you doing here?" the monk asked the kid.

"I just wanted to give these to P'Somchai, brother. He and that Phi left these rings outside." The kid said and handed something to the monk.

The monk took it from the kid and patted her head. "Thank you. Now, can you please play with your friends outside? Brother will just talk to the visitors first."

The kid nodded. "Okay, brother." Suda was about to go out of the room when she looked back.

"P'Somchai is okay, right?" the kid worriedly asked.

The monk thinned his lips into a line, before nodding. "P'Somchai will be fine."

"Okay." The kid then nodded and went out of the room.

" The kid then nodded and went out of the room