Chapter Thirty-five

Mew hired private investigators, to look for Natasha's biological family in Trang. It's almost a month now, and they still haven't found a single trace of Natasha's biological family. Maybe, he underestimated the process, since Trang is not that big, so it is easy to locate a person there. That's what he thought, not until he had to find Natasha's biological family.

Natasha had undergone chemotherapy, and already received countless bags of blood. Every now and then, a blood transfusion is needed, since she's very fragile and her white blood cells are rapidly eating the red ones.

Gulf had been holding on so well. However, once he's out of their daughter's room, he immediately breaks down and cries his heart out. One time, Gulf had to stay in the hospital for at least a week and rest, because he exhausted himself too much.

He did several merits on different temples around Bangkok, hoping that he can transfer the merits he acquired to Natasha. (Note: This is a merit transfer. A practice in Buddhism in which it is directing one's own good deeds (or karma) to benefit another being.) He even went far into traveling to Nonthaburi, Bang Yai, and Samot Sakhon to just do merits. Once he went home, Mew saw that he was very pale and he fainted right at their doorstep.

Kao diagnosed him and said that his anemia is getting bad again, so he was advised to take rest and supplements. Mew felt like he was about to go insane when both Gulf and Natasha were in the hospital. He doesn't know what to do. He felt so useless when Kao informed him about Gulf's condition. Mew was so focused on looking for Natasha's biological family and didn't even realize that Gulf is already being consumed by the situation that they were in.

After that incident, Gulf's brothers and Mew's agreed that Gulf should have at least one companion when he's tending to Natasha. They cannot afford to have him confined in the hospital again, because next time might not be as fortunate as the last time he fainted.

What makes it harder for Mew to trace Natasha's biological family, is that Gulf was the only one who saw her outside the orphanage years ago. She was drenched in rain and is just around 2 years old. Natasha definitely doesn't have any memory of her family, because she was so young at that time. The only thing that they're holding on to at the moment, is the picture on the locket that Natasha had on her things. It was a picture of the man, who was probably her father. Another is a letter saying that they are giving up Natasha for adoption since her father already died. The letter was from her stepmother, which was indicated in the letter itself.

They don't even have names to look for. Only a picture of a person who already died, and a letter from an unknown person. Mew already used all of his connections to look for a bone marrow donor for Natasha. There were some who contacted him and are willing to donate, considering the large sum of money that they're willing to pay. However, those people who showed interest in donating are not a compatible match for Natasha.

Mew wanted to bring her to the US to continue her treatment there, but Kao warned him that Natasha's condition is not good. Her body is weak, and transferring her to another hospital, which is miles away, might worsen her condition.

Mew decided that if they won't be able to find any relatives of Natasha in the next 30 days, he'll bring her to the US and have her treated there.

He's currently on the couch, working on his laptop, while Gulf is sleeping on the other hospital bed in Natasha's room. His phone vibrated from the coffee table. Mew furrowed his eyebrows. Who the hell have the guts to call him at this hour? It's almost 11 pm now. This is definitely not from work.

He picked up the call, and it was from the private investigator.

"Hello?"

"Sir. We found her stepmother and some of her half-siblings."