The portal

Knock knock!!
Jane woke up with a slight tremble.
"Sweetie are you up?", asked Nora.
.
Jane was about to reply but suddenly her attention shifted towards the photo in her hands. She saw her hand. She could feel her heart race.
Tears of joy fell from her eyes.
" MOMMY!", she cried out.
Nora could not believe that Jane called her mommy.
"Yes, my love. It's me. Come down, let have breakfast.", said Nora.
Jane still did not respond.
She could hear Nora but she could not understand that when she had cried Mommy, Nora had thought it was for her.
Jane's head was so preoccupied with the photos.
She got up, weeping and brought out all the photos from the cupboard and kept staring at them until she felt that it was time to go downstairs. She did not want to do anything but stare at her parents, she wanted to talk to them.
Ask them their whereabouts and question them, that why did they abandon her. But they were gone, they weren't here, Nora and James were.
Jane stopped crying for a while and her eyes filled with anger.
"Why do I cry for people who left me. Left me in a world of such greedy and conniving people. And only when I started to settle with a family, who treated me well, they appeared out of nowhere and ruined my happiness. I will never look for them anymore and never cry for them anymore."
Saying this she pulled up her mattress and placed the bundle near to the corner.
Jane raced to her washroom, took a bath, changed her clothes and ran downstairs where the Greens were waiting for her.
Uncontrollably, she ran towards Nora and hugged her. She began to cry. "Ohh my!! Honey. Are you okay? Tell me!!", said Nora hugging Jane back.
"I love you all. You are the best family I could ever have.", said Jane.
James got up and pulled Jane towards him." Hey, stop! We love you too. You are our daughter. You are the best. We will always be together."
.
"Thanx, ...dad.........and Mom," said Jane looking at James and Nora. It was so awfully emotional for Lora. She ran towards her parents and they hugged.
.
.
.
It was the best day for Greens. They went to the fair, had lunch, saw a movie and how could they not end their day with an ice cream.
.
."Night sweetie ".
"G'night"
Jane went to her room, took off her coat and hanged it on the cloth tree.
Jane sighed.
Although she had so much fun today somehow those photos were stuck in her head.
She groaned and jumped into her bed closing her eyes, trying hard to not think about her parents.
She could hardly make it through 10 minutes. She sat up and pulled the photos from underneath her mattress and kept staring at their photo in the attic. The one where she wore a purple frock.
As she kept staring at them, something caught her eye.
She saw something being her father. It was something like a circle with a thunderbolt engraved in a wall.
She had not seen anything as such in the attic when she had gone there for cleaning.
Maybe it's still there. Maybe is hidden?
She thought to herself.
As she failed at containing her curiosity, she crawled out of her bed, wore a cape and sneaked out of her room, running in the corridor. Everything was quiet. remembered that there was not light up there in the attic is she grabbed a large round candle and reached the attic.
She went inside making sure that the door does not creak. As she went inside the attic she could see the garden from the window
Cold winds blew, and so this swung the trees it. Everything looked so serene from up there. But she could not waste any time looking at the beautiful scenery. She had to get back before anyone woke up.
Using the photo, she located the point where they stood and is guessed the point where the circle should have been. But to her surprise, a wooden rack was placed in that place. Maybe it was concealing the mark.
She put down her candle and moved the rack using all her force.
And there it was.
The Mark was still there.
It was.
Jane sat down near the mark and use her fingers to trace it.
She moved her index finger over it and suddenly I'm started to glow, glow white.
Jane immediately retreated and moved back. She felt as if anything went wrong or she had tampered with something that wasn't to be tampered with.
Suddenly she could feel a pull. Something pulled her.
And in a moment everything became too bright to be seen.
When Jane opened her eyes she was in the attic no more.
Where am I?
She thought to herself.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Do share your views in the comments and vote if you like.