chapter 8

Jay walked around the room he stumbled upon.
"Cliff Gordon's Handbook to Wooing Women?" Jay reach a book placed on a shelf.
"That must be his real name. Cliff Gordon. That means my real name is Jay Gordon? Ha!" Jay exclaimed.
"Chapter One: Women love mystery." Jay oprned the book.
"When talking to them, less is more--"

Then came Nadakhan in the room with Jay.
"Are you ready for your second wish? Hmm?" He asked. Jay bounced around the room and grabbed a prop blaster on the wall, diving down to shoot. But, it was only a prop.
"Huh?"

"Adorable." Nadakhan stated.
"What did you do? Did you change the past?" Jay stepped up.
"Hmm. I wish. I merely revealed a truth about your life that you were unaware of." Nadakhan flew around Jay.
"Then I don't wanna make another wish." Jay crossed his arms.
"Everyone wants a second wish. A second chance to make things right." Nadakhan pressured while getting uncomfortably close to Jay.

"No." Jay turned away.
"Don't resist me. Tell me what you want. More power? More prestige? Maybe a raygun that works?" Nadakhan trailed around the Ninja.
"No. I don't want anything. I just wish I wasn't alone with you." Jay said. The doorbe rang.
"Dang it. Ah, I did it again."

"Hello? Jay? Are you here?" Nya's voice called.
"Don't forget you have a third wish." Nadakhan said before poofing away.
"Ah! Phew." Jay quickly ran out of tue secret room, shut the door and made it to the entrance of the living room.
"Hello?" Nya walked in.
"Nya, you're here. How did you get here?" Jay asked.
"Well, you split and Morro said he saw Nadakhan." Nya explained. Jay seemed to choke up.
"I called your dad who said you'd be here. Speaking of which, why are you here?" Nya asked.

"Uh...uh..." Jay paused. Women love mystery. When talking to them, less is more. Jay took that and literally said nothing."

"Fear isn't a word where I come from!" The animatronic shouted.

"Fritz Donnegan? Is this your stuff?" Nya questioned.
"If you have a secret hideout, why can't I?" Jay put his hands on his hips.
"Wow. I...I never would have guessed. Come on. The team needs us. Don't worry, this place will be our little secret." Nya exited the house.

"Fear isn't a word where I come from." The animatronic spoke again.
"Thanks, Dad. I owe you one." Jay looked at the statue then ran out the house.

. . .

As Clancee franticly tried to get the ship off the ledge, the rest of the crew was also screaming.
"I ain't trying to do your job. Uh, just trying to help." Clancee exclaimed to an angered Monkey Wretch that threw something at him. "Ooh! Hey, that better be mud."

Nadakhan appeared back on the ship.
"So did you snare a ninja?" Flintlocke asked.
"Unfortunately, it didn't go as planned." Nadakhan said.
"If I can speak freely, you ain't getting them alone because they ain't got nothing to do but look out for each other." Flintlocke said.

"I don't follow."

"Put us to work, Captain. Then when they're busy looking out for their own tails, they're all yours for the taking." Flintlocke exained.
"Hmm. There's a reason I made you my first mate. Let's welcome back the rest of my old crew and get this bird in the sky." Nadakhan said.

. . .

"I'm so tired of all this sneaking around." Kai said as the Ninja met up in the fighting club Kai was previously washed out on.
"One, why did you become a Ninja, and two we know too little about what's happening still." Morro raised his hand off the table to say.
"Oh come on! You're barely even hiding. You have a green streak in your hair and a cloth tied around your arm at all times!" Kai exclaimed. Morro pulled back a bit and tucked his green streak behind his ear and folded away the cloth around his arm.