chapter 13

The remaining four Ninja gathered in a studio.
"I wish I could tell you the mission is gonna be simple. It's not." Dareth said dramatically as the Ninja sat down.
"Uh, yeah, it is. In case no one told you, we got what we need to stop Nadakhan on the island." Cole said.
"After we go up there to save Jay, we take care of business. Simple."

"And when you fly your fancy Elemental Dragons up there, just how long do you think the three of you are gonna last against an entire crew of Sky Pirates?" Dareth pointed.
"Then we get all the help we need and hit them with brute force." Nya leaned forwards on her chair.
"The Commissioner said we'd have his department at our disposal."

"You have my department at your disposal. Just say the word." The Commissioner walked in with a few of his leading officers.
"Then the word is Goodbye." Dareth waved them off.
"As in, we say goodbye to Jay when they see us all coming."

"If we have them as an ally, it would be best to use the materials and resources. All we have is to sneak up there, get Jay back, have the police wait for us in a boat so we can get back to Ninjago and make a plan." Morro said. The other Ninja nodded with Morro's plan.
"No, this mission is not simple, but it's not impossible. Not without the help of a little magic. Movie magic. Kevin, Dan, the floor is yours." Dareth moved aside to reveal two people walking in with  a board.

"Who are they? Retrieval experts?" Lloyd asked.
"Better. Screenwriters." Dareth said.
"So we got the message in the bottle from Jay that reads 'Don't worry about me, worry about stopping Nadakhan'.” Kevin said.
"That's nice and straightforward, but very unhelpful." Dan added. The Ninja all made a face.
"What's more interesting is the message behind the message." Dan showed the paper.

"Uh, you've lost me." Cole said.

"Well, he wrote the message on the blueprints of one of their vehicles, a Raid Zeppelin." Kevin showed the blueprints of the ship.
"So we suggest we use a little movie magic to recreate one of their ships so you can blend into their fleet." Dan waved his hands in the air.

Kevin nodded.
"Then, after our costumer disguises you as Sky Pirates and an acting coach teaches you their dialect to pass undetected--"

"Arr, ye matey. We be becoming pirates!" Lloyd shouted. The room was silent. A few of the Commissioner's men coughed.
"Okay." Morro placed a hand on Lloyd's shoulder.
"Good try."
"Okay, um, thinking on the fly. The green one can't do dialects." Kevin said.
"The mute Sky Pirate." Dan suggested.
"Yeah, that's it. Next, after we get you close enough…" Kevin pointed to Cole.
"Cole, the ghost ninja, sneaks aboard the Misfortune's Keep, to poison Nadakhan with the Tiger Widow venom and trap him." Dan said.

"Wait a minute, I thought the venom could only slow him down. How do we trap him?" Nya asked.
"Uh, okay, uh, just spit-balling here. Maybe it's an incantation. Something ancient." Kevin looked back to his board.

"With a lot of hard consonants." Dan said.

"Yeah. Like, uh…" Kevin started speaking gibberish.

"Great idea. Then, when Nadakhan gets trapped in the Djinn Blade, their friends are finally freed."

"Great idea."

The back and forth between Dan and Kevin finally stopped.
"Terrific, this is the plan? You're sending them up there without any real idea of what they may find or what they are up against, and your only answer is movie magic?" Ronin walked in.

"So maybe we haven't figured everything out. We're all under deadlines, you know." Dareth stepped back into the conversation. "I know it's a stretch, but this is by far the best bad idea we have."

"No." Morro raised his hand.
"Okay, hold on, I'm going to dissect your plan for a second." He adjusted himself in his chair.
"One, I'm not going with the pirate dress up plan. So I will just be hiding in the back, as backup if we need to do more stealth. Second, if I ever get caught, if I am needed to get out there, I can jump off." Morro took out his staff and extended it.
"I do know how to fly."