chapter one

"there's your iced white mocha, have a great day," bailey smiled at her customer. she watched as they nodded their head and picked up the drink, walking away from the counter.

bailey turned back around and began making more drinks, an extremely typical task that came with being a barista. she poured and served three more drinks before she saw a familiar face walk into the cafe.

"melanie, i'm going on break," she whispered to her co-worker and took of her apron. she approached the woman sitting at a table near the window.

"miss monroe, thanks for taking the time to come visit me at work. i'm sorry i couldn't come see you after class." bailey said as she walked in front of the woman and sat down.

"no worries, i'm just here to assign you your internship and get out of your hair." she smiled, shifting to sit upright and opening her binder.

"alright, so, let me just take out your papers..." the woman began, flipping through her binder and gathering a few papers. "to begin, your project will take place here in los angeles...and will take place obviously until the next school year begins." she read from the page.

"you'll be working on an upcoming A24 film as the assistant to the writer and director greta gerwig, the film is titled lady bird," she continued, bailey nodding along and grinning; a movie?!

"here's all the information that you'll need for the assignment, including addresses, policies, and guidelines," miss monroe explained. "any questions?"

bailey switched glances from the papers up to her teacher. "i'm all good, thank you so much miss."

"no worries...i'll let you get back to work," the woman said, standing up and gathering her things. "have a nice day miss hutchins."

"bye!" the girl said to her. she walked back behind the counter of the shop and strolled into the back. she flipped through the papers and took out her phone to google the movie, seeing the few starring roles that had been announced.

———
iMESSAGE!
" we love bucky "
bailey - genius billionaire
dylan - mrs barnes
martha - red wing

genius billionaire
guys i just got my summer
internship!! i'm gonna work
on a movie omfg

mrs barnes
like a famous one?

genius billionaire
yes like a famous one
it's greta gerwig's directorial debut
and it gets better

red wing
ooh

genius billionaire
SAOIRSE RONAN IS
STARRING IN IT!!!!!!!

mrs barnes
OMG I LOVE HER
CAN YALL BECOME BEST
FRIENDS SO I CAN HANG
OUT WITH HER JKJHUJ

genius billionaire
ykw now i'm not gonna

mrs barnes
rude
i've been your best friend
since kindergarten stfu

red wing
sorry i put my phone down
for a sec
but
OMG BAILS IM SO EXCITED
FOR YOUUUUUU

genius billionaire
thanks marty <33
k y'all i gotta get back to
work, i'll talk to you later

mrs barnes
yes go make that dough 😙

———
INSTAGRAM!
ladybirdmovie shared a post!

———INSTAGRAM!ladybirdmovie shared a post!

liked by saoirseronan, tchalamet, and 44.6 k others
ladybirdmovie we're so excited to announce a new
member to our cast, timothée chalamet as kyle!! @tchalamet we can't wait!!

saoirseronan yayy!!
tchalamet i'm so excited to work with you

user1 yes we need a sex symbol
saoirseronan i'm right here

user2 he's so pretty omgg
user3 literally the new loml
ladybirdmovie we'd agree <3

load more comments...

notes!
hi i just wanted to come on
here and tell everyone that
this story is going to be
awesome bc my timothée
phase is coming back...
thank u met gala

anyways i love both timmy
and emma so much and i'm
so excited for this storyyyy