chapter five

iMESSAGE!
" we love bucky "
bailey - genius billionaire
dylan - mrs barnes
martha - red wing

mrs barnes
hey y'all

genius billionaire
hey cowgirl

mrs barnes
we have plans tonight

red wing
ooh tell more

mrs barnes
we're going to daniel's party

genius billionaire
why

mrs barnes
bc he's my boyfriend
and i love him
and i need to get along with his friends

genius billionaire
sorry what
YOU LOVE HIM
FUCKING SIMP

mrs barnes
bailey i'll kill you
anyways uh yeah
u guys are coming
bc bailey needs to get laid

genius billionaire

mrs barnes sorry i love you but i'm not lying

mrs barnes
sorry i love you but
i'm not lying

red wing
i agree lol

genius billionaire
literally get out
i'm taking new friend applications

mrs barnes
bailey stfu
so i'll come get you guys at 7

genius billionaire
alright i'm leaving set now

red wing
omg how was ur first day?!!!!!!

mrs barnes
oh right fuck i completely forgot to ask
i swear im a good friend lmao

genius billionaire
oh i'll tell you all about it tonight
i gtg see y'all later

mrs barnes
bye cowgirlz

———

        bailey, martha, and dylan stood in front of daniel's apartment door and knocked loud. they stood silent for a few seconds before the door opened and revealed a larger body. martha assumed it was daniel.

"is that him?" martha whispered into bailey's ear, the hutchins girl nodding yes in response.

"hey, glad y'all could make it!" daniel exclaimed and ushered the group to come inside. he pulled dylan to the side immediately and hugged and kissed her, causing bailey and martha to smile. they were happy dylan was happy.

"i need a drink immediately, you want anything?" martha asked bailey as she slowly walked away.

"uh yeah, get me whatever you're having," she responded and began to look around the room.

she glanced around her for a few seconds before she was met with a familiar boy. she knew exactly who he was. she stepped forward and began to walk towards him before—

"bails, here's your drink," martha tapped her back. "it's some seltzer i think i don't fucking know."

"thanks marty, i'll be right back okay? go find dylan,"

bailey walked through a small crowd of people before she reached an otherwise empty couch, if you excluded the boy sitting on it. the boy.

"i think this qualifies as stalking,"

timothée looked up to find the girl standing right in front of her. "sorry, what?" he was confused.

"i said i think this qualifies as stalking," bailey repeated. "like do i need to call the cops?" she laughed, "you're legit following me."

"i swear i'm not, i— i guess...we just cross paths," he stuttered, completely butchering his sentence.

"nah, you're just following me," she smiled sarcastically and sat down beside him.

he looked terrified. she could tell he wasn't understanding her. "you know i'm joking right? i'm not gonna fucking call the cops," she assured him, taking a sip of her drink. "i'm bailey."

"timothée," he squeaked. "sorry, fucking social anxiety...i would honestly call the cops on myself— i literally didn't mean to unintentionally follow you i swear we just have similar paths," he rambled. "what do you do on lady bird? do you— uh work full time at the cafe? wait why are you here?"

"jesus christ," bailey chuckled. "i'm greta's writing intern on lady bird, i just work summers at the cafe, and... my best friend's dating daniel." she quickly explained.

"oh," timothée replied. "congrats on getting your internship for the movie, it's gonna be awesome,"

"speaking of that, are you an actor? you're playing kyle right?" bailey asked, taking a swig of her drink.

"yeahh... this year has been insane. i just finished filming a movie with christian bale, then i'm doing this, and after this i'm going to italy to film another movie... i'm hyped." he explained to her.

"shut the fuck up i wanna meet christian bale!! that's insane oh my god," bailey exclaimed. this kid was the coolest yet weirdest boy she'd ever met. "please please please tell me you asked him all about american psycho and heath ledger!"

"sure did, i was like "how'd you do it?" and he was so confused as to what i was asking, so i like painted it out for him: "that movie had a performative quality that i'd never seen before and i was just fucking consumed and fascinated by you and the director so how'd you do it?" he began. "and yeah i fucking obviously asked him about heath— he's my biggest idol in the acting world. the dark knight changed my life." he finished.

bailey stared at him in awe. first, he had literally fucking met and worked with christian bale, so one point added...and then he was the most well spoken guy she'd ever met? plus a million points. she needed to be his friend. needed to.

"i literally chose to go to film school because of chris nolan, the dark knight, inception and interstellar," she added. "no joke."

timothée stared at the girl as she spoke. he had no idea the girl he'd been eyeing at that little cafe was so interested in the film industry. it was a breath of fresh air to have someone as fascinated with film as he was.

timothée chuckled at her, laughing at the fact that interstellar had been one of her favourite movies.

"what?" bailey asked as to why he was laughing.

"i was in interstellar." he chuckled again.

"shut the fuck up no you weren't?! who?"

"i was tom," he said. "young casey affleck."

bailey stared at his face to jog her memory. "oh my god you totally are...i feel like such a fake fan!!"

"so like do you still know chris nolan? because if so... hi i'm bailey and i'm your new best friend."

notes!
ok we're all just gonna ignore HOW BAD i am at writing but whatever i love timothée chalamet