chapter twenty

"timothée, where are we going?" bailey exclaimed, her hand intertwined in the boy's as they ran down the street.

after bailey told timothée she had no idea where she was going, he just grabbed her hand and they started running.

"c'mon bay, just trust me," he panted as they ran down a couple more blocks and finally stopped. bailey recognized the building. his apartment.

"why're we at your apartment?" she asked but got no response. he led her into the stairwell of the building and up the stairs to the roof.

bailey walked out of the door and out onto the huge and empty roof. she looked out at the city around her. her new home.

she walked over to the edge of the roof and slid down to sit on the ground. timothée quickly sat down beside her, his knees bent up to his chest.

"so, why'd you bring me here?" bailey sighed. she felt the wind blow her baby hairs into her face, but she enjoyed the breeze.

"i don't know...i just like coming up here when i'm feeling bored or overwhelmed," timothée said crypticly and looked out at the city. "i thought you'd enjoy it here."

bailey didn't reply and the two stared out at the city for a couple minutes before the girl spoke up. "do you have any more pot?"

timothée turned to her, surprised and impressed at her question. "so you attack me for smoking weed, and then you ask for some?" he chuckled and the girl sighed and rolled her eyes playfully.

the boy pulled out a bag and fumbled with it to pull some pot out. he rolled out two joints and gave one to the girl on his right, sticking the other one in his mouth to light. he lit bailey's and they sat in silence.

"so, how'd it go with mike the other night? i can't believe i haven't seen you since then," timothée asked and noticed bailey's face drop. she didn't want to talk about this. but she needed to get it off her chest.

"that night we talked, and then did some stuff," she began and smirked at the last few words. "but i woke up the next day and felt...weird. it was like i'd waited so long for it to happen, and after it finally did i just thought our friendship was over. it might've seemed like a good idea at the time, but it honestly just made me understand why it had never happened in the past; we had to stay strictly friends."

timothée listened intently to what she was saying. but he was really only watching her lips.

"and you told him this?" he said, partly because he truly cared and partly for his own benefit. bailey nodded and took a puff of her joint, leaning her head back on the cold brick.

and then there was more silence. bailey leaned back and shut her eyes, just thinking about life. thinking about everything that was going to happen in the next few weeks. "oh my god, when're you leaving for italy?" the reminder that he was leaving soon went off in her head.

timothée breathed heavy and tilted his head to the sky. "tomorrow night," he said. "it's fucking insane, but, y'know, i'm excited."

bailey smiled at his response. she thought back to a bit of the time they had spent together over the past few weeks. "aww, i'm gonna miss you hal."

the boy laughed at her nickname and shot her one back, "me too, bay."

"who's gonna help me run away from parties i don't wanna be at? who's gonna buy me nachos?" she smiled. the two had not made direct eye contact yet.

"i don't know...find another bitch," he deadpanned sarcastically and laughed at himself. "there's gotta be someone out there who'll have fun with you."

"no, but seriously, i've loved spending all this time with you," bailey turned her head towards him and said sincerely. "thank you for having fun with me and everything we've done together. have fun in italy." she said, as if she was saying goodbye.

timothée recognized the sincerity in her words and turned his head towards her to find her blushing. she looked like she was about to cry. did i seriously mean that much to her?, he thought to himself.

bailey wiped her eyes and turned her head back to find timothée looking at her. she quickly shot her gaze away from him, not ready to feel vulnerable.

but timothée was.

he shifted his body closer to her and leaned his head in towards her. she buried her chin in her chest, but he used his hand and lightly pulled her face to be directly in line with his.

he smiled at her and she quickly reciprocated. and timothée pulled her face towards his and smashed his lips on hers.

notes!
HI! i'm literally so absolutely
awful at writing kiss scenes...
but it finally happened!

yay my tailey heart <33