chapter three

INSTAGRAM!
baileyhutchins shared a post!

liked by dylangreg, danielfelt and 5686 others baileyhutchins fuck school hey summer

baileyhutchins fuck school hey summer

dylangreg yup yup bye school
baileyhutchins 🖍🖍

marthared u are so pretty
baileyhutchins stop hyping me up

danielfelt cool 😎
baileyhutchins ok dad

dylangreg hi i'm back just wanted to say that you are so pretty and i love you ok bye
baileyhutchins as if i didn't just force u to say this

load more comments....

———

        timothée sat at the corner table in the beachwood cafe, staring out the window. he had come to read over his script. at least that's what he told himself.

he heard the door ring as it opened, a girl walking in. not just any girl though: the girl. his gaze was immediately fixated on her, watching as she walked all the way from the front of the store to the back behind the counter.

as soon as she left his sight, his gaze went straight back to his script.

bailey walked out of the back from putting down her bag and began to clean the counter. she then put on her apron and signed the sheet to tell her boss that she showed up for her shift.

she walked to the espresso machine and filled it up, checked that the kettle had water in it, and refilled the fridge with milk.

next on her task list: refill the self-serve table. she walked over to the corner of the cafe and grabbed the milk jugs and sugar packets from the cabinet, refilling them and putting the extras away.

then: check on all the customers. she walked around the room, asking if anyone needed absolutely anything. until she reached the corner booth table.

"excuse me, can i get you anything?" she said to the figure. she couldn't see their face, and their head and hair were perfectly disguised by a large, baggy, gray sweatshirt.

her next quick glance was to what they were reading, before it was shut and the figure made eye contact with her.

"uh i'm all good, thanks," the voice said, stuttering. she noticed the boy, he had been there before. she wouldn't have forgotten that face.

"you sure? alright, if you need anything just come up to the counter," she said to him and walked away.

a few hours had passed and timothée was still in the exact same spot he was before. he hadn't gotten very far in the script— despite being there for five hours. but he didn't hate himself for taking so long; he hadn't really only been paying attention to the script.

bailey stared at the clock and began to wipe down the counter. close was in twenty minutes. she then walked around the store sweeping.

"that must be a really good movie," she said as she approached the table with the boy.

timothée heard a muffled voice through his earbuds and looked up to see the girl talking to him. "sorry, what?" he said.

"oh, nothing...nothing i was just saying that movie must be really good, you've been reading it all day," she explained to him, stuttering as she always does.

"um...yeah, it's pretty good. i mean- uh yeah it's really good, great even...yeah and," timothée completely stuttered. "gibberish. what the fuck just came out of your mouth, dude" he cursed himself.

"that's great- i wouldn't want to read a god awful script," bailey attempted to calm him down. she could see— and obviously hear— that he was nervous. social anxiety?

"trust me, i've done it multiple times— not fun," he smiled at her. "ok, normal words,"

bailey glanced over at the clock to see that it was time to close. "sorry, i came over here to tell you that we were about to close... but it's been a few minutes and we're now officially closed, so i'm gonna have to ask you to leave,"

"oh, uh yeah...n-no problem," he stuttered again, grabbing all of his stuff and walking out the door. he couldn't bare to be a problem.

"oh- uh-have a good night," bailey tried to spit out before he was out the door.

she walked back behind the counter, leaning on a barstool, smiling.

notes!
once again i literally don't know how to write but here we are...also as you can tell i've never experienced a meet cute or actually any romantic or flirty exchange with a guy ever