chapter twenty-two

"timothée?"

bailey stopped in her tracks as the boy looked up at her longingly. he stood up as she found her key and started opening the door. "can i please talk to you?" he whined sincerely.

she tried to unlock her door quickly and not let him in, but it was like the universe wasn't letting the key work. "okay," she muttered and it finally opened.

bailey lead him into the apartment and put her bag down on the counter. she told him to go sit on the couch and she ran into her room.

a few deep breaths later, bailey emerged from her room with a sweatshirt over her head. she grabbed her water bottle and sat down across from him.

she chugged her water to avoid talking to him, but he spoke up before she could. "i'm sorry," he said boldly. silence followed and timothée started chuckling at it. "sorry, i tend to laugh when shit is awkward."

bailey couldn't help but reciprocate a smile at him while he stopped, "me too," bailey sighed in realization that she genuinely wanted to hear what he had to say, and she muttered, "start over."

timothée's gaze caught hers and he hummed, "i'm sorry, bay. if you really want me to, i can blame the weed...but i just felt a moment of vulnerability...and it took over my head."

a sudden rush of guilt fell onto bailey; was he really apologizing? she kissed him back! it was consensual! there was absolutely no need for him to feel like he needed to apologize. "timothée, i don't want you to apologize...you didn't do anything wrong."

timothée's face began to light up, "so you're not mad at me? why're you ignoring me then?"

she took a sip of her water, sat it down on the floor, and brought her knees up, wrapping her arms around them. "of course i'm not mad at you," she looked up and sincerely said to him. "and i promise i'm not purposely ignoring you, i-i...i get scared when it comes to these types of things."

timothée shifted in his seat, receiving everything she said. a smile filled his face when she said she wasn't mad at him, but it turned into a frown when she said she was scared. "bailey, there's no need to be scared," he added, "do i scare you?"

bailey started rubbing her hands up and down her knees to fidget while she spoke. "i'm not scared of you, i'm just not good at confrontation or expressing my feelings...so i get scared to do so."

"you're doing a great job right now, but do you want me to express my feelings first?" timothée shot her a quick, sincere smile. the girl nodded and brought her chin into her knees.

"i like you bailey," timothée breathed, "i like you a lot. and it really started when i saw you at the cafe for the first time. and then we started hanging out more and more...and that day at the park...i wanted to kiss you so bad," he rambled, not even looking at the girl in front of him, who was trying to hide her blushing pink cheeks in her knees. "i just feel like we have so much in common and we both—"

"i'm gonna stop you right there," bailey spoke up and interrupted him. he finally caught her glance and saw her bright pink cheeks, which brought a smile to his face. "i like you too, timothée."

the boy's heart practically exploded and his eyes grew wide as he beamed from ear to ear. "you do?" he asked, the girl nodding her head and laughing in response.

"cool," he mumbled under his breath and bailey's eyes grew wide in a fit of laughter from his word choice. "seriously, cool?" she chuckled. his face grew embarrassed and then quickly into a laugh.

the pair stopped laughing and silence followed. bailey pulled her sweatshirt arms over her hands and curled her knees up on the chair, leaning her head into them and cuddling.

bailey stared at the boy and thought about everything. including the fact that he was leaving. it was like as soon as he was in her presence, she forgot anything bad that was happening or upcoming. "when's your flight?" she muttered.

"ten thirty," he sighed into his knees that were also curled up in his chest. "sorry, this whole thing was pretty awful timing."

bailey tried to smile to hide her disappointment, simply saying, "it's all good. i'd rather have had this cleared up before you left. i had a plan to ignore you for the whole day and hope you left and forgot about me...but you stalked me."

timothée chuckled and thought back to the first conversation they had. "apparently i'm really good at it," he grinned at her.

the girl pulled out her phone and saw that it was almost 7:30. "hate to ruin this, but i think you have a flight to catch," she sighed, placing her phone back in her pocket. "you didn't bring any of your stuff so i assume you have to go home and get it."

the boy did the same and was startled when he saw the time. "oh yeah, shit," he stood up, checking his pockets for all his belongings.

bailey stood up and walked awkwardly to the front door with timothée. he slid on his shoes and then turned to face her. "don't have too much fun without me," she smiled at him. "you're gonna be incredible in this movie, tim."

"thank you," he mumbled, "i'm gonna call you everyday and tell you everything."

bailey's heart smiled when she thought about him remembering her in italy. guess her plan of cutting him off had come to an end. did they seriously mean that much to each other?

"sounds like a deal," bailey said, reaching behind the boy to open the door. before he walked out, he engulfed her in a tight, loving hug.

the couple stayed together for a long while, heads nuzzled in each other's necks as neither of them wanted to let go. timothée was the first to lift up his head, staring at the girl in front of him.

this time, bailey felt vulnerable.

she lifted up her head and smiled as she leaned forward and locked her lips on his, in a sweet, passionate, goodbye kiss.

notes!
I HATE THIS
CHAPTER SO MUCH