chapter nine

"and...i win!" bailey exclaimed as the television displayed her final score. after timothée had texted her, they agreed to do something fun, and timothée picked bowling. although he really sucked at it. "congratulations, you just lost any respect i had for you because you're so bad at bowling," she said sarcastically as they walked to a nearby table.

"so are you not on set today?" timothée asked as he slouched into his chair. "i mean—uh obviously you're not, because you're here, but...you know," bailey smiled at his awkward mumbling.

"there's not much to do on set, i love watching greta rewrite scenes...but there's only so many to rewrite when the script is perfect," she explained. she was only there to strengthen her screenwriting skills and start creating relationships in the business—getting coffee for camera operators was not necessarily something she needed to do.

"is that what you want to do? be a writer?" timothée asked, taking a swig of his soda.

"yeah... i specialized in screenwriting this semester of film school, i really like it," the girl explained. she could usually talk about her love for writing forever, but for some reason, she was...cryptic with timothée. "i—uh actually keep having this dream," she got ready to tell the story. "it's really stupid, but i have this dream that i win an oscar, for writing a film adaptation of little women,"

bailey was a dreamer. a true dreamer. and there was something about the way she spoke about it that timothée could tell. he could tell that she truly believed she would one day win that award. even if she called the dream stupid. "that's amazing," he reacted to her story. "you know what they say," he put a fry in his mouth, "dreams can always come true."

"i hope so," bailey sighed and tried to change the subject. she was not going to tell him. "so, and sorry if i'm overstepping here, but i've always had this question for actors...is it hard to like play-date another actor? like is it hard to make out with saoirse? or have a girlfriend outside of work? do you have one?"

the question started off normally. then bailey kept on rambling and rambling and adding iterations to her question—and it somehow turned into asking him about having a girlfriend. great.

timothée chuckled. "uh, no, i don't have a girlfriend," he simply said before drinking his soda. "but-um i like this one girl, i've been kinda stalking her for a while—don't arrest me i promise i'm not trying to be creepy," he said, lamely laughing at himself.

"don't worry," she laughed at him. "i'm sure she's a very special person," she cracked a smile. internally, she was sighing at the thought.

———
iMESSAGE!
" peter parker fan club "
bailey - andrew 😻
dylan - holland 🥪
martha - maguire 🧃

holland 🥪
ok you must be home now
what did this timothee say
did you tell him

maguire 🧃
fill us in bitch
and hold up why didn't
i notice i'm fucking tobey

holland 🥪
wtf are you talking about
tobey's the og
he's an icon
just like you bully maguire

maguire 🧃
wow ok

andrew 😻hello everyone i'm home

andrew 😻
hello everyone
i'm home....

holland 🥪
WITH TIMOTHÉE????

andrew 😻
FUCK NO
he actually told me he
likes a girl
he's basically stalking her
so my dream must've been false
bc he sure as hell doesn't like me

maguire 🧃
timmy the stalker
hmm

holland 🥪
weird question
but has he been stalking you

andrew 😻
uh no
he just hangs out at the cafe a lot

maguire 🧃
how much is a lot

andrew 😻
like for four hours a day
he reads books and scripts
i wouldn't blame him it's a
calming place

holland 🥪
oh honey

andrew 😻
what

to " martha red "

dylan gregory
should i tell her she's the girl

martha red
let's see if she figures it out

notes!
hello hello hello!! here's an update :) it sucks but whatever y'all deserve it