chapter eight

"and the oscar goes to... bailey hutchins for little women," a voice announced in the theatre. bailey walked up to the stage, freaking out. a fucking oscar?

"i—uh, wow...i literally don't know what to say," bailey grabbed the award from the presenter and stood in front of the microphone. "this is insane. truly insane. well, i want to of course thank greta, saoirse, florence, emma, eliza, and laura for so eloquently making and starring in this film...and of course to the true inspiration of this, louisa may alcott. this book was a major part of my childhood, and when i got an internship at lady bird three years ago greta became the major part of the beginning of my adulthood, so thank you greta this is for you."

"i'd also like to thank my mom, my dad, martha, dylan, and the love of my life timothée, who was also just beyond incredible in this film, thank you."

———
INSTAGRAM!
highoncaffeine shared a post!

liked by martymcfly, gregheffley and othershighoncaffeine me @ my dream last night

highoncaffeine me @ my dream last night

martymcfly so you're gonna post this with the minimal amount of context
highoncaffeine martha i'll go into a spiral if i try to  explain it

gregheffley tell me more bae
highoncaffeine ok lover

gregheffley just wanted to log back on to say i'm still fucking waiting for more

load more comments...

———

        "bailey motherfucking hutchins!" bailey heard through her apartment door and immediately recognized the voice as martha's.

she walked over to the door and opened it to reveal martha, dylan, and daniel. "what the hell are you all doing here? and why did you bring him?" she asked the trio, directing the last question at daniel.

"we were out and read your finsta post, so we needed to talk about it immediately and he was the only one with a ride," dylan explained.

"oh so he got demoted from boyfriend to chauffeur?" she asked sarcastically. dylan slapped her.

by this time, the trio had already walked into the apartment and basically welcomed themselves in. they sat in the front living room, waiting for bailey to explain to them what her dream was about.

"i'll tell you— but he can't be here," she explained.

"why the fuck not?" daniel rebounded.

"because it involves one of your little friends,"

"just go in the car. we'll be 15 minutes, tops," dylan turned to her boyfriend. daniel got up and left.

"what the hell kinda dream are you about to explain to us?" martha asked, kinda scared(?) as to what was about to come.

"it's the same dream i've told you about that i keep having...that i win an oscar for writing little women..." bailey began. she'd been having this dream since she started film school.

"ok..." dylan dragged and martha made a face.

"but i actually got through the speech this time," she said again, dragging out before continuing. "and i uh thanked everyone in the movie and stuff—"

"was saoirse in it?! i've literally been wondering that since you started having the dream," martha interrupted to squeal.

"yeah— uh i thanked greta, saoirse, some girl florence, an emma— don't know which one, and two others named eliza and laura..." she answered martha's question before trying to continue. "but that's not what's weird about it. i thanked, and i quote, 'the love of my life timothée'," bailey gulped.

"who the fuck is timothée?" martha quickly asked while dylan stayed silent.

"one of daniel's friends... how do you know him? are you like talking to him?" the gregory girl spoke up.

"he, he's an actor on lady bird— playing one of saoirse's boyfriends. we're not talking, but we've like shared interests i guess? he also spends a lot of time at the beachwood... so i see him all the time. but i was talking to him about chris nolan at the party you dragged us to and the next day he showed up at the cafe and asked to show me something, and he took me to his apartment—"

"if this is going where i think it's going...i'm sorry bails but i don't wanna hear about it," martha shook her head out of discomfort.

"no, no, he uh actually gave me one of the original scripts to interstellar, because he was in the movie and i talked so much about it."

dylan and martha watched as bailey showed a small smile while explaining what this timothée did. "oh my gosh, that's so nice!" dylan smiled back.

"yeah, yeah, but i called him the love of my life while accepting an award...wouldn't you think that meant we were in a like fucking committed relationship for me to include it in a speech?" she asked her friends a question she was too afraid to answer for herself.

"yeah...i guess..." dylan answered, obviously just as unsure as bailey.

"i just..." bailey said before seeing her phone light up with a messages notification. "speak of the devil,"

———
iMESSAGE!

timothée chalamet
hey bailey!! i hope
you liked the script
the other day...

i was just wondering
if you wanted to go
and see a movie or
like just hang out

notes!
hey everyone happy 2022!! i just finished writing this bc i couldn't fall asleep so i'm just glad i got to update this story! if there are any spelling or formatting errors im so sorry...but i hope you enjoy this chapter nonetheless <33