The Next Step

Natasha's Pov

I looked at my phone screen with confusion and concern. The minute she had asked me about 'My favourite colour', I knew something was wrong. I had tried to ask her what was wrong but she kept denying the question. She just said that 'every thing was Perfect'. However I continued you to question her until she seemed to snap. She had lashed out exclaiming that 'She has had enough of us and our perfect little lives.' And resulting in her telling me to never text her again.

"Nat? You Okay?" Questioned Clint as he snapped me out my daze. I snapped my head towards him as he looked at me with worry. He had paused the Tv and was just looking at me before his eyes gazed over my phone. "Clint, I need so help," I stated calmly. He nodded softly and sat up straight giving me his full attention. 

I slowly handed the phone over to Clint and watched as scrolled through the messages. At first he seemed confused just like I was, but then he saw the last message. He quietly handed my phone back to me and sighed. He rubbed his eyes before talking. "Well, this is a tricky situation. But something definitely seems off, " He informed before sinking back into his spot on the couch.

I nodded. "What should I do? I mean you have more experience with kids, what do you think I should do next?" I questioned quietly, but I couldn't help the desperation that slightly laced my tone. Clint sighed again. "Well, I think you should give her some time to cool down. Maybe a week or two. Then if she hasn't reached out we can look more into it," he explained. I nodded even though I didn't fully agree with what he said. I wanted to sort this out immediately. But Clint had more experience with kids, so I needed to trust him. 

Clint smiled and placed a reassuring hand on my knee before turning the Tv back on. I sat quietly and watched the screen, though my mind drifted off into deep thought. What could be so wrong that she couldn't tell me about? Why was she acting so weird? Did I really make her snap?

Aubrey's Pov

I sat quietly with my head against the cold brick wall. The only sound that was present was a few sniffles from myself and the sound of a soft bone-chilling breeze that crept in through the cracks of the window.

I laid numbly on the wooden floor as I heard Mrs Robert chatted away on the phone in the next room. I could just imagine her pacing the room with the phone against her ear, rambling about how much of a rude, disrespectful girl I was.

"Yes, I understand. But you have until 10 am to come and collect her or I'm throwing her on the streets!" She exclaimed coldly. The floor boards continued to creek as she seemed to pick up her pace. I sighed, 4 more years. Then you out. I reminded myself. 4 more years and I would age out of the system and probably end up onto the street. I wouldn't mind though, anything would be better than being here.

"Fine! Fine!," She shouted loudly. By the absent of squeaking I had presumed that her pacing had stopped, which mean the conversation was over. The decision was Final. I was getting kicked out, Again.