Step on the Gas

Nat's Pov

There weren't many things in life that scared me. After all that's how I was raised, with no fear. As a child the idea of having even the slightest worry, could get you killed. But no matter how much training was installed into my brain, I would never forget the pure terror that ran though my blood when I heard the news.

She got shot. 

At first I thought she was joking, but it all made sense. Her voice was weak, she was crying and complaining about all the things she never got to do. I mean after all, Who cries about not having graduated high school? 

As soon as I realised the truth, I immediately pulled out my laptop and started tracking the call. Clint had come in and once he heard the news he got the team ready. 

So here I sat, in the back of a car trying not to cry as her voice faded from the call. I felt numb, and that was a feeling I didn't like. Clint sighed and gently placed a hand on my shoulder, though I shrugged it off. "Get ready. We're almost there," announced Sam as he sped though a red light. Usually Steve would start scolding him, but this was obviously an emergence, and it wasn't like Tony could pay off any tickets later. 

As soon as the car came to a sudden stop, I ran out of the car and towards a dark alley. My heart sunk and I felt my throat tighten. There she laid, unconscious and covered in blood, Her blood. Without even realising it, I knelt in front of her and pulled her close. This kid, this small innocent kid was bleeding to her death. 

I took a shaky breath and struggled slightly as I carried her in my arms to the car. "Here," informed Clint quickly as he helped me place her into the car. Once she was placed into the back seat, I slid in and slammed the door shut. "Drive," I gritted out making Sam step on the gas. 

While Sam hastily drove through the busy New York street, while Clint and I started applying first-aid. I aggressively pushed my hand against the wound, attempting to stop the bleeding while Clint checked her pulse. "Nat, I can't find it," Shouted Clint as he gave me a frantic look. 

I held in a scream as he started CPR, and tried not to cry as we pulled up to the hospital. The doctors had ran out and started taking over, but all I knew was that this was a nightmare and I really just wanted to wake up.

Hey Guys! Sorry for the wait.