Hospital Food Isn't That Bad

Hey Guys! Thank you for being so patient. I completely forgot about this story, and I only just remembered today. I will have the next chapter up by sunday.

Nat's Pov

Tick, Tock, Tick, To- 

I grumbled quietly as I plopped back into the cold waiting room seats. The smell of bleach overwhelmed my nose, and my mind raced with anxiety. I jogged my knee up and down as I attempted to keep myself distracted. It had been over an hour since we had last seen her. 

"She's gonna be fine," soothed Clint as he placed a reassuring hand on my knee. I sighed and lent back, taking in the room around me. Clint had been my friend for years, so I knew I could rely on him.

"Have you talked to Laura yet?" I questioned, trying to change the subject. I heard Clint shift in his seat before replying. "No," he informed quietly. I nodded and was about to say something when a stranger interrupted me.

"Excuse me, are you Audrey Nelson's parents?" Questioned a nurse as she looked between Clint and I. "Oh, we're not together." Explained Clint making the nurse quickly apologies. "Is that the girl who got shot?" I questioned only to get a nod in response. "Is she okay?" Questioned Steve as he walked over. 

The nurse smiled, "She's going to be okay. However only family are allowed to visit at the moment." I frowned and lent back in my seat as Clint tried to reason with her.

Audrey's Pov

My stomach quenched in hunger, making me groan in pain as my clothes made contact with the wound. Dazily, I looked around the room and stared at a small window as I tried to keep myself occupied. The police had confiscated all my stuff, even though I told them it was a mugging and that I was 100% not a target. However they didn't believe me and worst of all atany minute Mrs Roberts could walk in!

A small knock interrupted my thoughts and brought a smile to my face as one of the kind nurses strolled in with a tray on food. Stupidly without thinking, I sat up and hissed in pain at the wound, which I somehow forgot about. The nurse chuckled and slowly walked over, placing the tray onto the bed. 

"Be careful, It's hot." She exclaimed before slowly walking out of the room. Quickly, I picked up the tray and took off the lid, admiring the food. It was much, only a small bowl of soup and some bread, but to  me it would have been enough to last a whole day! I smiled softly as I carefully scooped up some soup and was just about to put it in my mouth when-

"AUDREY NELSON! WOULD YOU LIKE TO EXPLAIN HOW ON EARTH YOU GOT SHOT?!" Screamed Mrs Robert as she and three other people quickly ran into the room. My eyes darted towards the strangers as my spoon fell out of my hand and onto the floor. "Hi," I stuttered quietly, as I stared at a short red headed woman. 

"Hey," She stated back as her green eyes stared into my hazelly brown ones.