Chapter 38

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I feel unspeakably lonely. And I feel - drained. It is a blank state of mind I cannot describe. Also it is a very personal feeling I have - that of melting into a perpetual nervous breakdown.

Right now everything looks strange to me, as if I do not belong here. It's me who is out of place. All I could feel was blind terror. My legs were wobbly and my hands were cold and clammy.

There is so much on my head, the song lyrics that are to be revised, the melody, the composing, the choreography and much more and most of all, the person who used to cheer me up is distressed and I can do nothing.

'What if something-', my mind is all negative as my breathing hitched.

"No!" I said, my head moving as to defy all the ominous thoughts.

My hands reached the roots of my hair involuntarily as I fidgeted, having no idea what I should be doing. Finally, I rested myself in the corner of the room and buried my faced in my palms.

"Taehyung, you are being called." Jin hyung came in, a little fury was evident in his tone due to my irresponsible behavior of leaving the set. But, as he watched me, he voice calmed down as he approached me, "ya, kiddo, are you okay?" he enquiried.

I looked up to him, "y-yeah" I said as soon as possible, even before he could notice the earthquake in my voice, the tsunami in my eyes, most importantly, the drought in my heart. I felt his warm hand on my shoulder as he gave me a reassuring smile, as if asking me once again.

I was about to speak, something, but the words, I could not form. I was taken aback by the loss of words, a little ashamed too, me being a lyricist. Jungkook came in with a smile, I share my room with him, he seemed exhausted but his face glistened with satisfaction, maybe his recording ended.

"Oh! Jin Hyung, Taehyungie Hyung, you are being called from ten minutes, manager will eat you up", he giggled at little but we didn't respond, nor moved.

"Are you hiding something from me?" he came up to us. "Not me, but I think Taehyung is." asserted Jin Hyung making me look at him.

"Just speak it out, maybe we could prove of some help." he added.

"Hyung, is it because of the music video?" Jungkook asked and I shook my head.

"Kaylie.." my voice hitched.

"What about her?" Jin hyung got me by my shoulders to look straight into my eyes.

"Who is Kaylie?" Jungkook asked.

"Did someone say Kaylie?" Jimin, stood by the door.

"I think... I mean I am sure she isn't doing well." I said whatever I could pour out. Jimin came in with furrowed eyebrows, "Why? What happened?"

"I don't know" I added, "but I am sure of something has happened."

"Who is Kaylie?" Jungkook, repeated himself a bit loud this time.

"Shh" came the unanimous response from Jin Hyung and Jimin, Jungkook pouted but said nothing.

"Now tell me-" Jimin was speaking but was cut off by Jin Hyung.

-"Us" he corrected Jimin.

I told them whatever I knew while they heard my stuttering story.

"Maybe, she was just sad, not a big deal." Jungkook added, the pout still evident on his baby face.

"No... It isn't something that simple." Jimin said massaging his temples when my phone rang.

-"Sasha"

I picked up as soon as possible.

[Hello?]

[Y-Yes]

[I don't know how but
I think you were right]

[What do you mean,
what happened?]

[I don't know still, but she isn't
home, nor on her jobs...
Even Patrick and Danny are
trying to find her but all
in vain..
To be serious, even I am
worried, she doesn't behave
this way..

Oh my God, I think I fo-
KAYLIE!!!]

Call ended.

[Hello]

[Hello??]

"What happened?"

"I- I don't.. somethi-" I wanted to explain but my soul was tied up in knots. My eyes widened as an effect of the adrenaline that pumped through my veins while all of them waited for my response.

"You know, Taehyung, never disrespect your gut instinct. You are not paranoid. Your body can pick up bad vibrations."

Jin Hyung approached me poking his index finger into my chest, continuing,
"If something deep inside you says something or someone isn't right, trust it." He sighed.

"I think you need a break." he said, as he turned back leaving all of us in shock, trying to comprehend what he was saying. He stopped midway in his tracks and turned his head in my direction to meet my eyes, "Pack, you are going to Australia."

A little smile formed on my lips as I back hugged him,  tears streaming down from the unknown terror and unexpected beatitude.

"I'll come too" Jimin asserted and we nodded in unison.

"Can I just know, who is Kaylie and what is going on?" Jungkook was frustrated ed, his hands folded on his chest. Jimin giggled a little and ruffled Jungkook's hair to which he pouted again, making us chuckle for a little time till fear washed over me again. Jin Hyung placed his hand over my shoulder and softly nodded and I weakly smiled in response.

Kaylie, I'll be there.