29 Just Do It Already

One Month Later

Celia

"This is not good," Chase mutters in front of us. "We should've had dispensaries ready to buy from us by now."

Gio is sitting beside me in the patio chair at this outdoor lounge and restaurant. Pop music plays in the background and waitresses pass us by, serving Mediterranean food. Our 6 PM weekly meetings here have become a routine.

"I like Celia's idea to sell individually!" Oscar shrugs in his seat. "Why not? She's got the style to work on the branding. We'll make more money."

Gio looks at me from the corner of his eye, traveling his gaze down to my cropped black sweater and short leather skirt. His lips curve into a little smirk against the rim of his beer bottle and I bite my lip to hide my own amusement.

"Yeah, but we'd need to make the team bigger to accomplish that which means splitting the money between more people. This is stressing me out!" Chase paces around our table.

I swing my leg back and forth that's crossed over the other. Gio's eyes drink them in as he quirks a single eyebrow at my black pantyhose and high-heel boots.

"Hello?" Chase waves between us. "Are you guys even listening?"

"Yes," I look up at him, thankful that the evening hides my blush.

"What did I say?" He puts his hands on his hips as I smile sheepishly, he smacks his lips and glares at Gio. "Can you please do something already? You both are starting to piss me off."

"Relax, why are you so frustrated?" Gio chuckles.

He barely fits in the chair. Leaning back, shoulders wide, neck tan. Legs long and spread open. Wearing a dark blue button-down and black jeans, black boots. Sleeves rolled around strong forearms. Hands large and relaxed on the armrests. Hair a soft mess. Stubble full and defined. Green eyes shining with mischief.

And when he bites his lip, with a subtle eye roll, then looks at me, my heart gets pregnant.

"He's just jealous you're not paying attention to him anymore," Oscar smiles at Chase.

"No, I'm just tired of these two giving each other googly eyes all day!" he snaps, raising his palm at Gio. "Just ask her out and focus! Focus on work!"

I laugh, throwing my head back. "Yeah, you need to get laid. I feel so bad for you."

Chase smirks at me slowly and looks over his shoulder, then at Gio. "Alright, let's go."

"Where are you going?" Oscar asks while I take a sneaky sip of Gio's beer. The only one that notices is no one, because I've mastered the art.

"We're just going to talk to those ladies," Chase shrugs. I look behind him to find two very pretty girls who just walked in and sat across from us.

"Do you want to die?" I smile at Chase. Gio next to me smirks.

"Why? You two aren't together," Chase points between us. "I can't take Oscar, he's a married man. But Gio's single."

"Single and unavailable," I raise my brow.

"A single man is always available," Chase tries to hold his laughter, making my blood boil. "Let's go Gio, I need you as my wingman."

"I'm good, thanks," Gio chuckles.

"Oh, come on. Why are you so scared of Celia! She can't do anything."

"That's what you think!" He shakes his head like he's having a flashback. "I'm not risking anything..."

"That's right," I shimmy in my seat, shooing Chase away. "So you just go talk to them on your own!"