31 Whipped and Furious

Gio

"Tell them what you told me last night," I point my chin at Arthur.

He came over two hours before Ari's school performance. Chase and Oscar are with us around a table in front of the garage, away from Chanel's house to hide the smell of the joint.

I told them to dress nice because as dreadful as being around people will be, we have to support my girl who's an angel in a biblical play. She's putting glitter in her hair right now with Celia.

Chase is in a button-down short sleeve. The left side black and the right side pink, but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that it's covered in floating heads of a grinning devil. With a goatee, earrings and horns.

Then I look at Oscar next to him, in a dark blue button-down with planets on it. He's got a fanny pack for his camera, chapstick, and tissues. Apparently Chase brought more options, but Oscar likes to wear what his wife buys for him.

"Aram's been asking around," Arthur looks at them, leaning on his knees. "I wouldn't be surprised if he questions the neighbors."

"On what grounds?" I scowl.

"None, but he's close with everyone. And people like to talk." Arthur takes the joint from Chase and coughs after a short drag. "If he talks to that neighbor who found the electricity bill, you're done. It's a dead giveaway."

"That's why she's invited to Thanksgiving," I sigh, rubbing my hands on my jeans. "And I asked Celia to get to know her. We'll be fine."

"Keep your friends close and enemies closer," Chase taps his temple and winks at me. "I'm your enemy, if that wasn't clear."

I roll my eyes while Oscar mutters 'brat' under his breath. He takes the joint next and takes a very impressive drag, blowing a thick cloud. I crack a smile at him and he shrugs.

"Thanksgiving?" Arthur lifts his brows. "Is her husband coming?"

"I don't know, I've never even seen the guy," I scowl. "Why? You have a problem with him?"

"Oh, no," he chuckles and sits back, looking away. "No..."

I look at Oscar and Chase. "That's not the worst part, though. Alex is back from New York. Apparently he got a surgery after Celia's assault."

"Great!" Chase slaps his knee. "We have a sick preacher, a nosy neighbor, a dickhead cop and now his psycho son. Not to mention, we can't sell because there are no interested dispensaries!"

"Calm down, we'll find a solution," Oscar says. "Celia had that great idea of creating our own brand and selling in individual packages. We just need a team."

"We can't trust anyone." I feel Luna rubbing against my leg and pet her head. "Except you."

"Oh my God, are you guys smoking for the first time without me?" Celia's voice grabs my attention and I turn around.

"Ey, you're wearing the shirt I brought!" Chase claps.

I stare at her high-heel boots digging into the grass and black leather leggings. She's in a white shirt with a cartoon cat holding guns in each hand. A text around it says 'pew pew madafakas!'

"You're wearing that?" I raise my brows.

"Not only," she smiles and drapes a black denim jacket over her shoulders, leaning on one hip.

"Is that my jacket?" I try not to smile. This is too attention-grabbing for people who are on our asses left and right.

"Sure is," she smirks, a black choker necklace on. Her hazel eyes are bright with brown eyeshadows and her lashes are thicker with mascara.