7. Bootstrap Bill's Descend

"Will!"

Marien ran to catch up with her brother on the deck, grabbing his arm,

"Will, I know you're angry with me, and I'm sorry."

He whipped around,

"You did exactly what I told you not too," he said harshly, glaring at her.

"I know, but I had to try!" Marien insisted.

"And was it worth it? Was risking your life to get them worth what you endured?"

"Yes! Those maps could lead to the only thing that would end Darlo's rein of terror!"

"You didn't get them, and you could have been killed."

"Will, that girl who you seem so keen on distrusting broke us out of the brig! And she knows these waters!"

"You think she wants to help us? She is in our debt, that is the only reason she's helping us!" Will snarled.

"Darlo was going to kill me, but she stopped them!"

"Marien-"

"Will, I'm sorry alright!"

She plopped down on a wooden crate.

"What can I do to make up for what I've done?" she asked.

He sighed, sitting next to her.

"Marien, you are not just a part of the crew, you are family. I could have lost the only part of my family I have left," he told her.

"We would have more family if it weren't for that monster," Marien growled.

Will's jaw locked,"You really think she can help us?"

"Yes, I do."

He sighed, and stood back up.

"I hope you're right."

****

Well, the past few days had been very strange. She's been kidnapped by pirates, rescued by pirates, and now she was going to help pirates. Though, no one had told her exactly what she was helping with. Captain Turner didn't seem to trust her much.

She stood on the deck the third day of being on the ship, looking out at the setting sun over the golden waves. This is where is loved to be, on the ocean in light clothes that aloud the ocean breeze to hit her skin; she wore a simple, a breezy black button-up shirt over a pair of tight dragon-hide pants tucked into tall black boots; her golden-brown beach waves hung around her shoulders, blowing in the breeze.

"Well, you look at home."

Kaylee's ear flicked in the direction of the voice, she recognized it as first mate Jackson's.

"It turns out I was on a ship when I came here," she said turning to look at him.

He leaned against the mast, his arms crossed as he watched her.

"Oh, really?" he raised an eyebrow," And why was the Princess of Narnia on a ship?"

Kaylee shrugged," I love the sea.

Jackson chuckled," I understand that. When I was younger I hated being separated from the waves, sometimes Will and I would sneak out just to go play around in the ocean."

"Will doesn't seem to like me much, does he?" Kaylee said.

"He doesn't trust a lot of people," Jackson replied.

"How exactly did you get here, anyway?" he asked, his tone curious as he joined her, leaning over the railing.

"It's complicated," she replied slowly," There's this magical dimension of witches and wizards and they have this method of getting around by simply turning on the spot and appearing in a different one. Of course my family has been doing it a lot longer than they have, but that's where it's most popular."