Epilogue

She stood in the water, the sea lapping around her bare ankles as she stared into the setting sun; the skies shaded pinks, purples, and oranges.

Cair Paravel was alert with activity, it was the end of the summer and the start of the fall, a traditional celebration for Narnia. Kaylee had snuck away from the party and to the sea, it reminded her of him.

It had been a month since she'd left the dimension and returned here, it was indeed true, there had been more and more border issues than they'd ever had. Kiera and Ronan had returned, but Ronan had left for the dimension of Middle Earth and Kiera had gone south for a camp out so she hadn't spoken to either. She'd left instantly after Will had left the Pearl, but Ronan and Kiera had remained to see what they could do. She had no idea if they'd gotten Will out, or if he'd been hanged.

So, here she stood on the shore of the sea, dressed like a princess with no one but the water to see her. The top was a pale blue silk, fitted around her slim figure; strapless with tiny jewels studded around the v-neck cut. Around her waist was a diamon-studded belt, and from there the dress was made of layers of sheer blue and pale orange, it blew in the breeze. Her hair was free, with nothing tying it back; around her neck, was Will's gold medallion.

"I thought I'd find you here."

Kaylee smiled, her mother would always know where she was. She turned and found Winter smiling at her, she'd never given Kiera enough credit for becoming as beautiful as their mother; she had the same eyes and hair, with the same smile as well.

"I figured I'd find peace here," she replied as Winter came to stand next to her in the tide.

"Just as Phoenix finds peace in a forest," Winter said," and I find peace in a castle."

Winter was as a Queen should be, majestic and beautiful; she was dressed as such, with a long navy cape to finish the look.

"You miss him," she observed.

"I don't know," Kaylee replied," I don't know if I'll ever see him again."

Winter nodded,

"I understand that," she said," When your father left for the first time, after his first battle, I didn't know if he'd come back."

"How did you cope?" Kaylee wondered.

"I just had to trust that The Lord had a plan," Winter replied, she smiled suddenly," and I'm sure he already has one for you."

Kaylee arched an eyebrow, but her mother just smiled and retreated back to the castle. A she looked back ahead, Kaylee thought. Her mother was indeed a mystery, but she always had a case and point to everything she said; one reason why she was such a legendary queen.

Perhaps Will was fine, maybe even here somewhere. She frowned. He couldn't be here, but why did she feel him? Unless-

She whipped around, and there he was. He didn't look like a pirate anymore, really, he looked more...Narnian now. He too was dressed for a party, with a feathered hat to match. She ran, and in a blur, she threw herself in his arms. He laughed, and swung her around.

"I guess this means I was missed," he said grinning.

"Where have you been?" she demanded as he set her back on the sand.

"Here. Jackson and I've already started with the entire Narnian training buisness," he replied.

"Jackson came to?"

"Aye, he couldn't stay away."

She shook her head, grinning; his fingers ran around the rim of the medallion.

"You still have it," he remarked.

"William Turner," she held up the medallion," This will never leave me neck as long as I live, and that''s a pretty long time."

"Very well, Miss Wolf," he cracked a smile.

"How many times must I tell you, Captain Turner?"

He took something from inside his coat and held it out to her,  "Once more, as always, Miss Wolf."

It was a knife, beautifully crafted of silver, the handle encrusted with pearls; she recalled the one he'd given her on Isla de Morte. She took it, twirling it in her fingers.

"I am a blacksmith," Will reminded her.

"No," she removed his hat," Your a pirate."

He slid his hand up her cheek, and he kissed her.

From a ways off, Reepicheep and Titan watched from the balcony.

"I knew it from the day we boarded that ship of his!" Reep claimed.

"Uh-huh," Titan replied, his eyes narrowed.

"Oh, don't use that tone with me, Your Highness! I always knew it, and that's final!"

*Kaylee, Will, Jackson, Marien, Reepicheep, Kiera, and Talika will return in the future books*