33. Where the Compass Points

"So, what are you planning to do now?" Reepicheep asked.

At this point, Kaylee wasn't positive on what she was going to do. She needed to get back to Narnia, she didn't know the time span between here and there- she could've been gone for a year for all she knew.

"It's not like you can just leave young Turner here," Reep continued.

"I'm not going to make him go," Kaylee replied.

"Well, you can't just leave him! He may die and you'll loose him forever!"

"That's debatable." Kaylee smiled as Reep turned around to scowl at Will, who looked quite amused.

"Hmm, you better hope his majesty likes you," he muttered as he scurried off.

Kaylee watched him go, sighing.

"You're planning to go back," Will said.

"I have to," Kaylee admitted," They'll be out looking for me by now."

He raised an eyebrow as he walked closer, "You don't want to leave."

"No, I need to but I'm-"

"Afraid that I won't come with you?"

She snapped her mouth closed, "Yes."

Will shook his head,

"You know I'll follow you anywhere," he reminded her.

"Then why do I sense doubt?"

His eyes flashed suddenly, and she didn't like it.

"I am a pirate, you know that," he told her.

She snorted, "What is it going to take to make you realize I don't care if you're a pirate or a Prince?"

He smiled and pulled out the compass from his coat, placing it closed in her hand.

The looked skeptically at him, an eyebrow arched.

"The compass?"

"It points to whatever you want most, wherever it points- you can have it."

She looked back down at the compass, running a finger around the rim of the wood.

He pressed his forehead to hers, causing her lips to creep up in a smile. He opened the compass and stepped back, it spun around for a few seconds before landing to the east where Will stood.

Kaylee smiled and looked back up, "I've found what I want," she announced.

He walked back over and looked down, smiling he looked back up at her.

"Then you can have me," he said.

She nodded and he ran his fingers down the side of her ear,

"Oh-" she removed the golden chain from around her neck, "This is yours."

He shook his head and enclosed her fingers over the medallion, "It's yours."

She pulled the medallion to her chest, it was a gift that she'd treasure in the years to come. What about Jackson and Marien; the Pearl? Would he really leave it all behind? What about Talika? Kaylee knew Talika loved Will, but how would he tell her that Will was Kaylee's? Had he already told her?

Shaking these thoughts away, she turned back to the ocean, turned orange by the rising sun. They were on a peninsula a ways off from the Pearl, the sand was soft and surrounded by foamy white ocean.