34. Talika's Long-Lost Rescue

A ship flying the East India Trading Company logo was wading in, their guns loaded.

"They've come looking for me," Talika said.

"Took 'em long enough," Pintel muttered.

"You'll all be under arrest for piracy," Ronan told them.

"Can you and your royals do anything?" Pintel asked Kaylee.

Talika rolled her eyes, of course he'd ask that; such simpletons, these pirates.

"We can't interfere in an internal affair," Ronan replied.

"How unfortunate," Talika said. He glanced at her, and she felt her heart skip a beat. He was dashing, with those dark curls and soulful eyes; he reminded her of Will.

The thought of him made her want to die, she loved him. She'd always loved him, and yet he'd never deserved her. She was the governor's daughter and he was a blacksmith and a pirate, her mother would never approve. And yet, he had the nerve to go and fall for the Nature Queen, they would never last and he'd come back to be with her.

"Kaylee, we need to head back," Peter told his daughter.

Talika couldn't deny, Winter Wolf was a lucky women to get a man like that. His hair was bronze and his eyes the color of Kaylee's, they were like a glowing ocean.

"I can't just leave them," Kaylee said.

"Well, we're not leaving you!" Titan snapped.

"Ronan and I will stay," Kiera announced.

"The rest of us will go back," Reep said.

Peter nodded and the others started off the ship, he looked back at Kaylee and nodded.

"It's me Becket wants," Will said.

"You?" Killian crossed his arms," What could you have done to Becket?"

Lord Becket was the commander of the East India Trading Company, and a good friend of Talika's father.

"I became a pirate," Will replied," he wanted me to become an associate for him."

"And you chose piracy instead," Talika put in.

She'd never understood his decision become a pirate either, so his father had given him a task. A foolish task, and his father was dead anyway, so why do it?

"I chose to end chaos across the seas," Will told her curtly.

"By becoming a pirate."

His eyes narrowed and he turned back to Killian, "They're looking for her," he said.

"So, are we just going to hand her over?" Killian asked.

"She's not a prisoner," Will said," and I will offer myself for the the crew."

"What?" Marien walked back up on-deck," Will, you can't, Becket will kill you."

"I can't let these people die, Marien," Will told her.

"I am captain, and I say-"

"You are captain of a crew that I am no longer a part of."

He smiled sadly at Marien's terrified expression, and put his hands on her shoulders.

"My crew is in capable hands," he told her, he looked at Killian, "Take care of her, even if she doesn't need it."

He nodded,