21. A Heart of Gold

With Hook, or Killian, and Will working together, they had two ships. They were to use the Black Pearl as a back-up if needed while the Jolly Rogger pursued the island Urselon, half of each of their crews were on each ship.

"Hoist the sails!" Killian shouted as the Jolly Rogger plowed through the water.

Pintel and Ragetti shot him glowering looks, but followed the rest of the crew.

"Are you positive we can trust him?" Kaylee's ear flicked back as Jackson approached,

"Trust? No, but we are stronger united," she replied.

He sighed, and shook his head.

"You knew, didn't you?" she said.

"Will let me read the note a couple years after we took the Black Pearl," Jackson replied," though, I didn't believe a word of it."

Kaylee nodded, she knew the hardships of this kind of thing.

~

The hardest part of her job was the most awful.

"Kaylee!"

She turned as her brother ran up, his cheek gashed open.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Fine," Kaylee replied stoutly.

Titan was always one to watch out for her, especially after a scuffle.

They had been unprepared for the White Witch's sudden trap spring, with wolves and everything. A sixteen year-old Kaylee had taken charge, sure they'd won the battle, but they'd lost quite a few of Kaylee's men. One particular with a younger brother who was expecting him to come home, Kaylee was on her way to deliver the unfortunate news.

"Going to tell Drylon's family?" Titan asked gently.

Kaylee nodded stiffly, and continued to walk; her eyes on the dirt.

She was a princess, but at the moment, she just felt like a warrior. Couldn't she just order someone else to do this?

She certainly looked like a warrior, with her dark tunic sprinkled with blood and tall leather boots scuffed. She didn't even wear a tiara, yet she had the responsibility of The Crown.
Drylon lived a ways off, at the edge of the Telmarine borders in a little cottage with his older sister and younger brother. They would be taken care of, of course, since the Wolf family had an infinite amount of wealth, every person in Narnia who needed income got it.
She stopped before the door, sighing heavily; Titan was still behind her, for which she was grateful.

She knocked, waiting with a churning stomach.

The old red door swung open, and a very shocked Tilia opened up.

"Oh, your Majesties!" she sunk into a curtsey before them," What might you be doing way out here?"

"Nothing good I'm afraid, Tilia," Kaylee replied.

Tilia's face went wary. "What has happened?" she asked.

Kaylee's jaw tightened, "Your bro-"

"Drylon!"

A boy, no older than ten rushed out the door and straight into her.

"Drinson! You apologize to the Princess!" Tilia scolded.

"No, that's quite alright," Kaylee said quickly.