Ch. 8 - TIME OF DEATH

Avalon's outfit:

Chapter Eight💰 Time Of Death 💰

Chapter Eight
💰 Time Of Death 💰

"Isn't that illegal?" Someone asked making Avalon look up to see Malia walking up to her. "Not if I'm getting paid to do it." Avalon said as she pulled off her mask before standing up ans turning her music down slightly. Avalon at been working in a mural on the side of a building, she was surrounded by bottles of spray paint, buckets of pain, brushes, a ladder, etc...

Malia was about to say something but her phone went off making her pull it out to see Stiles calling her. Avalon picked up a can of spray paint while Malia turned her phone up and put it back in her pocket. "You ignoring him?" Avalon asked and Malia shrugged slightly, "They all knew and didn't tell me." She said and Avalon nodded slightly.

"I don't blame you. I would ignore them too." Avalon said and Malia watched as Avalon went back to the mural. "You're uh- you're good at this." Malia said making Avalon glance back at her, "You wanna help? I got about an hour before I have to meet up with everyone for some stupid plan. Maybe painting will help get your mind off everything." Avalon said and Malia shook her head.

"I'm not good at painting." Malia said and Avalon chuckled as she grabbed a pain brush and can of paint. "That's what practice is for." Avalon said as she set the can of paint on a step of the ladder before walking over to Malia. "It's not hard, just stay inside the lines." She said as she held out the paint brush, "I don't wanna mess up your work." Malia said as she slowly grabbed the brush and Avalon smiled.

"There are no mess ups in art, just... happy accidents." Avalon said and Malia just stares at her for a moment, "Try it." Avalon said before walking back over to the part she was working on. "So do I paint this part?" Malia asked, pointing at part of the mural and Avalon nodded, "Yeah, and when you're done I'll give you another color." She said.

Avalon watched for a moment as Malia carefully started painting, being careful around the lines. Avalon smiled to herself slightly before putting her mask back on before going back to spray painting.

💰

Melissa walked into the morgue, wiping tears away, "I still hate this plan. I mean, this is pretty significantly terrifying- he looks dead." Melissa said as she walked up to where Scott's body laid on a metal tray, Stiles, Avalon, Kira, Liam and Noshiko standing around him.

"Give me your hand." Noshiko said holding her hand out and Melissa looked over at Stiles who nodded, "It's okay." Stiles whispered and Melissa nodded and held her hand out. Noshiko grabbed it and held it down to Scott's chest, "Wait for it." She said and then a moment later Melissa felt Scott's head beat making her sigh in relief.

"Is that enough to keep a Werewolf alive?" Melissa asked in a slight whisper, "Enough for an Alpha." Noshiko said, nodding. "How much time do we have?" Melissa asked looking up at everyone, "Forty-five minutes."

"What happens after that?"

"I bring him back the same way." Kira said and Melissa shook her head, 'No, I mean, what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?" Melissa asked making them all glance at each other while Noshiko looked at them. "No one told her?" She asked making Melissa look at her, "What? What happens after forty-five minutes?" Melissa asked and Noshiko sighed.

"He dies."

💰

Avalon, Stiles, Kira and Liam stood next to a hospital bed with the three laptops in front of them. "Try it now." Argent said over the phone and Stiles pressed a button in the middle laptop and soon enough each laptop showed the live footage of all the hospital cameras. "Nice." Avalon said, looking at the laptops impressed.

"Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam asked after a few minutes making then look over at one of the cameras to see it glitching out before going dark. "No. No, it's not..." Stiles said, "Where is that?" Kira asked.

"The roof. Someone's gonna have to go check it out." Avalon said as she looked at the screen, "I'll go." Kira said making Stiles look at her. "Whoa, whoa... This might not just be a malfunction." Stiles said and Avalon nodded in agreement.

"That's why I'm bringing this." Kira said holding up her katana. She ran off making Liam follow her, "I'm coming with you!" He said and they ran out of the room. "Liam!" Avalon called out, "Okay... And you're both coming right back! Immediately!" Stiles called out before sighing. "Kids." He and Avalon both mumbled making them glance at each other.

A few minutes later Avalon looked up from her watch right as all the cameras went dark making her eye widen. "The hell-" She mumbled, pressing on one of the buttons but nothing happened making her turn to Stiles. "We should probably go to the morgue right?" He asked looking over at her and she nodded before they ran out the room.

They ran down the hall and was about to turn the corner only for them to get a gun pointed at them. "Woah!" Avalon said and Argent quickly lowered it, "Sorry." He said and she nodded. "The power's out in the whole building. We lost all the cameras." Stiles said and Argent nodded slightly. "Stay with Scott. Text me if you see or hear anything." He said and they nodded before running off.

They made it to the morgue and Avalon leaned against the medal door that Scott laid behind while Stiles started pacing anxiously. A few seconds later he pulled his phone out to call someone. "Come on, come on... Answer the phone... Answer the phone, Argent! Come on, Argent, answer the phone... Why are you not answering the phone?" Stiles muttered and suddenly Argent came flying through the double doors, groaning as he hit the ground.

"I was right. Guys, get out of here!" He yelled but before they could even move Kate walked in making Avalon grab Stiles and pull him back slightly. "Get out of the way, sweetheart. I'm taking the body." She said and Avalon just raised her eyebrows, "You didn't actually think that we would just let you because you said so... right?" Avalon asked and before Kate could say something Stiles did.

"Visual confirmation?" Stiles asked and Kate chuckled, "Don't worry, sweetheart, I'm not the Benefactor." Kate said stepping closer to them. "Then what do you want with the body?" Argent asked, "I wish I could tell you." Kate said and suddenly Argent surged forward, pressing a gun under her chin.

"I always forget you carry two." She chuckled, "Back off!" Argent demanded and Kate chuckled, "You sure you can pull the trigger fast enough?" Kate taunted. "I don't want to." Argent said and Kate shook her head slightly, "You're not going to kill me." She said.

"I'm not going to let you take his body."

"Okay, well... obviously, you guys have a lot to talk about... So, maybe I saw some coffee, a vending machine, outside...?" Stiles said making Avalon pinch his arm. "Listen to me, Kate- we have a plan." Argent said, "If killing Scott was part of it, you're worse than me." Kate said.

"He's telling the truth- we're trying to get to the Benefactor." Stiles spoke up making her glance at him, "If you didn't notice, you're on that list, as well and you're worth more than most." Avalon asked and Kate nodded slightly. "That's why I'm here." She said.

"Then back off and let us do what we planned." Argent said and Kate look down at his wrist that she was holding that showed a count down of three minutes. "Take the Berserkers and go. Kate, please. We have a plan." Argent almost begged. Kate stared at him for a second before slowly backing away and walking out the room making them sigh in relief.

A few seconds later Kira came running in and they pulled Scott out and Kira placed her hand over his chest. He woke up with a loud yell and gasp making everyone sigh in relief before Kira pulled him onto a kiss. "What happened? Did it work?" He asked after they pulled away and everyone glanced just glanced each other.

Suddenly Liam ran in, looking directly at Kira, "What?" She asked. "It's your mother... She's hurt..."