Ch. 22 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS

Chapter Twenty-Three🎭 Status Asthmaticus 🎭

🎭 Status Asthmaticus 🎭

"What do you mean, No?" Liam asked as he walked up to Scott, "Liam, look at her. She's too weak. It will kill her. We don't even know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't even know if it's actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her." Scott said as they glanced back at Hayden.

"It saved mine." Liam said and Scott shook his head, "You know that was different. You were hanging off a ledge." Scott said and Liam glared at him. "You promised. You said you'd do everything you could. You already failed to save my sister." Liam said making Scott sigh softly, "Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her." He said before his breathing started to wheeze slightly.

"There has to be..." Scott tried to say as he started breathing heavily making Theo look up, "There has to..." He said in a slight whisper. "Scott!" Theo said making Scott look at him as he tossed him the inhaler, Scott quickly shook it before taking a puff and a deep breath. "There's another way to save her." Scott said as Hayden started breathing heavily in pain again, "Guys." Theo called out making them look at him.

"I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a Werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this. We need to do something."

A little while later Hayden now laid on a metal table as Melissa set stuff up. "What's that?" Liam asked as Melissa pulled out a couple bags from a cooler, "It's called chelation therapy. It removes heavy metals from the blood. But, the problem is... is that it can injure the kidneys, and Hayden only has one to begin with, so..." Melissa trailed off before she went to put an IV needle in Hayden's hand.

Hayden winced in pain as the needle went in, "Hey, you're hurting her!" Liam said as he grabbed Melissa's arm making her look at him. "And you're hurting me." Melissa said making Scott look over and Liam glanced at Scott before quickly letting Melissa go.

"Sorry..."

"Hey guys? Remember, we're here to save a life, not kill each other." Theo said and Scott sighed, "It's the full moon. Werewolves can feel it during the day. And, it's a supermoon." He said and Melissa glanced at all if them. "What, is that supposed to make you guys, like, super strong? Super aggressive?" Melissa asked as she hung up one of the bags and Scott nodded, "Both." He said.