Ch. 21 - LIES OF OMISSION

Chapter Twenty-One🎭 Lies Of Omission 🎭

Chapter Twenty-One
🎭 Lies Of Omission 🎭

Scott took a puff of his inhaler and went to talk out of the locker room but stopped when he saw Liam packing a duffel bag of food. "Hey... What are you doing?" Scott asked making Liam look at him and quickly close the bag, "Nothing." Liam said and Scott nodded slightly.

"Hey, Liam... just remember it's a full moon tomorrow. And you're probably already starting to feel it." Scott said and Liam nodded, "I know." He said. "It's a supermoon... Which means it's gonna be closer to the earth-" Scott said and Liam cut him off slightly, "Yeah, I-I know what it means." He said and Scott nodded.

"Okay. Well, just remember... I'm here for you." Scott said and Liam got an annoyed look before slamming his locker door shut. "You gonna chain me to the tree again?" Liam asked making Scott look at him shocked, "All I meant was... it might be a good idea if we stick together. So we can protect each other." Scott said and Liam shook his head.

"It's been five days since my sister died... We can't protect anyone." Liam said before grabbing his bag and walking away.

🎭

"One of the more common biological weapons, anthrax, was used by Germany in World War I, and in human experimentation by the Japanese during World War II." Natalie explained as she wrote on the chalk board while Malia glanced around for a moment. She noticed a girl who sat in front if her, chewing on her finger nail was reading about the supermoon.

"Beth? Please close your computer. I won't ask again." Natalie said making the girl close her laptop. There was a small cracking sound making the Beth's eyes widen before she pulled her hand away from her mouth. The tip of her finger had sighed black blood and mercury on it as she spit out her entire finger nail.

Beth glanced around slightly before noticing Malia and quickly grabbed her stuff and walked out of the class room. "Beth. Beth!" Natalie said as Malia got up mad started to follow Beth but Natalie stopped her. "Malia, if you have to use the restroom, it's one at a time. And, if you're planning on leaving class, I'd consider your recent drop in grades." Natalie said and Malia shook her head, "She needs help." She said.