9. Change of Plans

It began raining once they reached the park.

"That's a problem," Kuroo muttered. Azami pursed her lips, tapping her fingers against the wheel of the car.

"What now?" She asked after a few more minutes of complete silence.

"Good question," Kuroo said. He looked at the back seat of Azami's car where Genshi was sitting. He was wagging his tail happily, tongue sticking out. "Genshi doesn't like getting wet and I know you don't want a smelly dog in your new truck."

"That would be ideal," she chuckled. Then she thought of an idea and spoke without thinking of the consequences of her actions. 

"We can go to my house."

So there they were. Azami and Kuroo sitting side by side on the couch in her living room, not only in front of her parents but also in front of her grandparents and brother. This was embarrassing.

"So," her grandfather said at last, breaking the unnerving silence. "You play volleyball?"

"Yes sir," Kuroo said immediately. Azami could tell he was trying not to sound scared. He sounded pretty convincing so she guessed it was fine.

"Position?" her grandfather asked. 

"Middle blocker, sir," Kuroo replied. "I'm the captain of Nekoma." Azami slapped her hand over here eyes. She couldn't watch. She slid her hand down her face and watched as her grandfathers grimace became deeper.

"Why didn't you say before," he said with a laugh. "How is that old coach of yours doing?"

Kuroo's shoulder began to relax as he informed her grandfather about Nekoma and everything that was going on. 

"Azami sweet heart," her mom said after a few minutes. "Why don't we leave the boys to it?" Azami stood up and followed her mother and grandmother into the kitchen. "So."

"So?" Azami asked. 

"Who's your boyfriend?" her grandmother asked. 

"That's a good question," her brother said entering the kitchen. "And when did the two of you become so buddy-buddy. You guys only met at a practice match and I never even saw you two talk. Spill the beans, Shortstack."

"Okay first, off," Azami said. He pointed to her brother. "Are you a girl?"

"No."

"Then why are you here? Shouldn't you be out there with Grandpa and Dad?"

"It was getting boring."

"Did you hear that Grandpa!?" Azami yelled into the other room. 

"What?!" Her grandfather yelled back. 

"Keishin doesn't want to be a boy anymore!" She yelled. "He'd like to be a girl!"

"Get back in here you mistake!" Her grandfather yelled and Azami stuck her tongue out at her brother as he left. He flipped her off as he left and she grinned triumphantly.

"Azami." Her Mother's calm voice made her shiver. "Who's the boyfriend?"

Her face went red, "He is not my boyfriend! He's just a friend that I met." She crossed her arms over her chest. "Truly, he is. We met at the practice match we had against Nekoma and he asked me to come hang  out with him today. Actually-"

Then she realized something. She turned on her heel running back into the living room. "Kuroo!" All of the boys looked at her. 

"What?" he asked, standing.